• Breaking News

    Friday, January 10, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – January 10, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – January 10, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – January 10, 2020

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    2.5M Population, fully supplied (with mods)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    New World Gifted Boat (Anno 1800)

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 04:40 AM PST

    I've just been starting new games and getting roughly up to mid artisan and then just starting a new game and repeat, as a process to learn the game basics and get a better overall understanding of the UI etc.

    But on one of my playthroughs I noticed that when I arrived in New World, an NPC gifted me a large boat which also had resources on board, the ones required for settling a new island.

    My question is does this always happen or is it random and perhaps only happens on some of the difficulty levels? I'm curious now if in my previous runs I was gifted a boat and didn't even realize it.

    One more question. Can you assign more than 1 boat to an expedition? It's just that if you fill your boat with things you need for the expedition (food etc) there's not much room left for the wood/metal needed to settle your first new world island. Any tips & advice are welcome.

    submitted by /u/Perjoss
    [link] [comments]

    How to play Anno 1800 WRONG by the games Poster Child

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:56 AM PST

    I was looking for a new game, thought a builders game would be fun. So, with no past knowledge of Anno 1800 and having never even heard of the game, I decided to buy & download the tricked out version. I found I love it! Now I find (from this reddit & youtube) that i'm an idiot!

    • So you don't need to put a road around each & every individual structure?
    • So a fully tricked out Zoo w/ 12+ animals at the Artisan stage is to soon?
    • You can upgrade Farmers as soon as they are up gradable & don't have to wait for some event to occur?
    • You can copy a group of buildings & drop it where ever?
    • Oh, so NPC stands for Non Playable Character? Good to know!
    • The arrows on the circle around your boat is the wind direction (This one I figured on my own....after some time)
    • Wait, population (x) pays more for (item) than population (y) does? It even tells you what they pay...Brilliant!)
    • So I don't have to let the paper go to press with red items?
    • Two small warehouses are better than one big one w all the trading platforms?
    • Two Brick factories to one Clay Pit is just the beginning of it? Oh ya, look, it tells you the time it takes to process.

    There's more, just can't think of them at the moment. Being able to copy groups of building was big. I had seen the copy feature & had tried it but I stopped when it just copied one building & thought, how useless was that.

    I restarted or went back to a prior save point dozens of times. Right now i have around 17k peeps $12 or $13 million & a income that floats from 5-9 area. I have mostly farmers & just one engineer. I have 10 islands in the old world & 4 in the new world. Belle is an Allie & I took the other 2 NPC's islands via war a while ago.

    I have been running back and forth for some time now buying Rum & Furs to keep the Art.'s happy. I put off going to the new world for some time. I just went yesterday to get rum & fur production going & that seems to have worked out.

    I do wonder If I put off going to the new world to long as Belle has almost every island. I have my main plus 4 very small ones.

    submitted by /u/HoochieMAlou
    [link] [comments]

    Gold edition. First start DLCs.

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Hello everyone! Recently got the game and i am about to play it for the first time. Got the gold edition so got the dlcs as well. About to start my first campaign.

    My question though. Do the dlc get automaticly downloaded and added, or do i need to use those activationcodes? Because i cant find those codes lol.

    Thanks in advance and srry for the trouble!

    submitted by /u/LegendLegionS
    [link] [comments]

    New to the series, just bought 1800

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 11:30 PM PST

    I'm only a few hours in but I'm having severe money issues, the population seemingly jumps around for no reason despite having. Nearly full of every resource.

    Besides that, any tips? I'd like to get better at this game before I decide if I like it or not

    submitted by /u/CypherZ3R0
    [link] [comments]

    Crash issue

    Posted: 10 Jan 2020 05:53 AM PST

    Hello everybody!

    Anyone else experiencing a crash when they demolish one of the coal plants from Spice it Up? Whenever I destroy one of them my game just quits itself. I've tried moving them first, game still crashes. Tried letting them run out of coal first, game still crashes.

    I was wondering if anyone had the same issues or knew a workaround?

    submitted by /u/Verm02
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your favorite game settings and map seed?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 07:29 PM PST

    I plan on doing one last playthrough until the next season pass is done.

    1. Besides choosing Anarchist DLC guy do the game settings effect what you can access in the game (especially items)?
    2. For the game settings 'income' what exactly does it do? Is keeping afloat much harder with this setting set to the hardest?
    3. Finally whats your favorite game settings and map seed?
    submitted by /u/helios1234
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1800] Advice needed: How to win a war.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I already played Anno 1800 for 130 hours, but always tried to avoid wars. I always played against easy opponents, but recently i tried to challenge myself so i made a new savegame.

    Now I was forced into a war with Beryl O'Mara. This was very surprising for me and she is a little ahead of me with her economy and military. At first she managed to attack many islands of me, so i stepped up my military. Now she is in a defensive position but i still don't know how to end this, because her harbours are well defended by turrets and warships.

    Can you guys help me with this?

    submitted by /u/Madramatic
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment