• Breaking News

    Monday, June 1, 2020

    Anno What palaces actually look like

    Anno What palaces actually look like


    What palaces actually look like

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    In many screenshots of yours, and even in Seat of Power trailers, palaces inner courts, the quadrangles, are filled with excessive decorations, gardens, fountains, or even other buildings like zoos and museum wings.

    That looked strange to me, so I started googling, and I googled a lot, and with a fair portion of confidence I state that palaces weren't actually like that. In European tradition quadrangles have been nearly always plain or at least minimalistic: it's a vast free space there. All of the luxury stuff and complicated gardening belong in the outer space, in the garden outside the palace.

    If you don't care about authenticity in city building games -- that's totally fine, I don't judge. But for those who care, here's some aerial shots of actual palaces:

    Buckingham Palace: https://imgur.com/a/D4rXQgj

    The Royal Palace in Stockholm: https://imgur.com/a/HTw4G5G

    The Catherine Palace in St. Petersburg: https://imgur.com/a/bYXNK5O

    The Winter Palace, also in St. Petersburg: https://imgur.com/a/XT29Lr8

    Frederiksberg Palace near Copenhagen: https://imgur.com/a/Ki2hJMF

    Holyrood Palace in Edinburgh: https://imgur.com/a/boGYGCR

    The Royal Site of San Lorenzo de El Escorial in Madrid: https://imgur.com/a/l9DslZl

    As you can see, all the gardening, all the beautiful stuff for a pleasant walk is kept outside, while the quadrangles are mostly plain. It's especially clear in these two final examples:

    Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam: https://imgur.com/a/h8zUvXW

    The Drottningholm Palace in Drottningholm, Sweden: https://imgur.com/a/TsejAZp

    So, striving for a bit of realism on your Anno 1800 island? Keep the inner space of your palace simple and put all of the excessive stuff outside, in the adjacent area.

    submitted by /u/EgorKlenov
    [link] [comments]

    My Second look at the new world has been a significantly less grim one :)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    This is my little island (I love the industry)

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Selling Ships Business - Case Study - Great Business or waste of time?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Dude

    Posted: 31 May 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    I just got anno 1800 for £15 and I love it already. Its so detailed and the graphics are amazing! I feel like the game doesn't explain enough though? Like I'm having to look up stuff all the time but wow, it's a really fun game and very satisfying.

    Also side note, you know what game I loved? Black and white 2. I wish someone would remake that, it was so much fun.

    submitted by /u/chudthirtyseven
    [link] [comments]

    What's next?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    Hey, I've been thinking - do we know what is next in Ubisoft plans for Anno? Any rumors lately?

    And what would you like to see? Personally, I would love to dive in Roman Empire, lets say Anno 54.

    submitted by /u/Acanthiz
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1404] Removing opponents from an already started game

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    Is there by any chance a way to remove opponents from a running game? I'm starting to get pissed by other people taking my islands.

    submitted by /u/MantisYT
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1404] Sultan's mosque - bug or feature ?

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    People with epilepsia watch out

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    Bug in Anno 1604 on uplay on win 10 cumputers causes extreme flashing of the screen. This can cause serius harm. Bug occur when the game is started and. The game +- once per minit dissapears and reapears.

    submitted by /u/ShiDa-the-great
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Framerate Skullduggery

    Posted: 01 Jun 2020 05:37 AM PDT

    I have had Anno 1800 since release, but haven't played a great deal until recently when I upgraded my PC, (3900X, 2070 Super) so it should be more than capable... should be...

    I started a new campaign and I am maybe a couple hours in, not even that. I have less than 1000 inhabitants and very few of those are tier 2 (my highest tier at the moment). Now, the issue I have is that when I move around the map, for example, an open bit of water, I will get a nice smooth 70fps experience. When I move over my town, it drops to a solid 20fps. Same thing with any other town/city I have discovered.

    I have tried playing on custom settings and lowering the AA to 2x and that has given the best results so far... but still drops to 30fps ish. I can't imagine what will happen after a bunch more hours and I have thousands and thousands of people.

    I should note that I don't have any issues like this with other games that run much higher graphics settings.

    Any advice would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AMythicalApricot
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 GPU Usage and Fps drops

    Posted: 31 May 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I had this problem for a while now and can't find a fix. The game runs fine with 70-80 Fps on very high settings in 1440p. But as soon as I click on a fire department or police department my Fps drop to 50. Today I found that this is because my Gpu usage also drops from 100% to 50% at the same time. If I click somewhere else the Gpu usage and Fps jump up again

    Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix this?

    I'm using a RTX 2070 Super and run the game on DirectX 12

    Any help would be great, Thanks

    submitted by /u/-N0N4M3_0815-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment