• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Anno Building cities in the New World...wish there would be another residential tier.

    Anno Building cities in the New World...wish there would be another residential tier.


    Building cities in the New World...wish there would be another residential tier.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Had to be done

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:44 PM PST

    My investors looking st my new blimp coming to the old world for the first time

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:29 AM PST

    more interesting mechanics for Happiness?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:07 AM PST

    Way back when I first started playing the game I had this notion that happiness influenced taxes. So all these items that had some +happiness would be useful. Then I learned the game and was quite bummed that this wasn't the case.

    Later I was again more invested when I learned you can overwork workplaces at the expense of happiness. Then I learned that police stations solves any riot problems and that overworking and happiness management is really just finetuning. The bonus police/firemen/(and especially) doctors are nice but that's about it.

    I wish Happiness management was an actual thing. 100s of hours later I never need to bother even with max difficulty on all settings. Never a need to equip happiness items or give workers a break.

    What would be some ideas to expand upon happiness related mechanics?

    • Revolutions

    Working people can only be pushed so far, everytime police breaks up a protest or riot a resentment grows. Let this resentment grows tio much, an Island wide revolution breaks out, targeting the highest tier houses. In these cases farmers wont burn down cheap farm houses, but go after the fat cats in the investor area.

    You have to increase and maintain happiness to get resentment down. Essentially in whatever form there would be a mechanic that prevents police or firestations to solve all problems. The bonus +amount of deployable being tied to happiness is nice but maybe there could be something deeper.

    • Festivals!

    Let us see our progress to the festivals

    If we could see how we are progressing to a festival we could more intuitively see how additional happiness makes that progress faster.

    More options for festivals.

    Have a a manual (alongside auto) option for the festivals so you can choose when to hold it. Perhaps some festivals can only be held if you have your population euphoric? So you give them time off and happiness items to get them past happy into euphoric, letting you throw a grand festival.

    • Morale

    Maybe tie military bonuses to your populations happiness? A motivated populace will operate ships with vigour over a desolate community.

    Perhaps happiness is good as it is, perhaps these ideas doesn't make happiness interesting, but that's why I post here wondering what happiness as a mechanic could use to become more interesting? Without adding a new layer of tedium.

    submitted by /u/cozyduck
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 - warehouse capacity in Arctic (plateau)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 09:24 AM PST

    With all upgrades it gives me 250 tons and you can't build additional sky trading post. You also can't build depots on the water because these Arctic plateaus don't have harbour area. Is there any way how to increase the capacity? Thanks

    submitted by /u/BattleOverlord
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best order for expanding into other regions in Anno 1800

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Hello,
    I've got to investors and have island in New World as that seemed as no-brainer.
    Now in what order should I expand into other regions?

    I own all DLCs.

    submitted by /u/Zuarasiz
    [link] [comments]

    New player asking about piers

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    This might be a silly question but here goes. Do the piers you can build to handle additional ship traffic have to be attached to land if they are placed off the coast? Now I may be experiencing a bug here but I find with my pier I drop off a load of pigs for example, see them complete unloading with the floating text above the ship, but my warehouses show zero pigs in them upon checking. My production chains that use the pigs continue to function but I have no idea how many pigs are in storage on the island. Am I missing something or is this just some sort of visual bug?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Foulbreath68
    [link] [comments]

    World Fair Rewards

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:02 PM PST

    Not sure when they implemented this change, but the fact that I can now choose which rewards to get when completing a world fair is awesome!

    submitted by /u/cbwjm
    [link] [comments]

    After 100hr, Finally, I finished the story mode!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Oh man, this game is so hard. I started advanced mode, retried 3 times. Yesterday night, finally I finished the story mode. haha. 100 hours!!!!

    Now, question here, I want to built a big city, this means I need a big big map first. Ive been told the sunken dlc is the one, so how do I start the dlc ? I mean, how do I go to that map ?? Well, if sunken map is still not the biggest one, what is the biggest one and how do I get it?

    Btw, I bought the S1 pass, and lion dlc only.

    submitted by /u/sunson29
    [link] [comments]

    One housing islands vs housing on all islands: pro and cons

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:57 AM PST

    Any estimates on when the S3 pass will be on the store?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I know its coming in 2021 but will it be purchasable in 2020 then delivered in 2021? or completely in 2021?

    submitted by /u/justinsy
    [link] [comments]

    Night Beauty

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 02:27 PM PST

    DirectX problems after latest patch

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:18 PM PST

    Has anyone else seen an increase in DirextX failures ("present failed") after the patch today? I've been playing for several weeks without any problems, but after today DirectX crashes the game within 10 minutes of launching it every time. I've already verified the files and reinstalled the drivers for the game, which didn't solve the problem.

    Edit: Tried reinstalling the game (keeping my profile data), which didn't help.

    submitted by /u/ThatMathNerd
    [link] [comments]

    is ther gonna be a sesion 4?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:32 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment