• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 3, 2020

    Anno New world archipelago.

    Anno New world archipelago.


    New world archipelago.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:07 AM PST

    I've acquired a double monitor setup so I made a cheat sheet full of ratios, stats and layouts from the wiki. I keep it full-screen on the 2nd monitor, and it helps immensely!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:22 AM PST

    High Tier College Corner

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    They asked me for a photo. I think they were "hiking".

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:15 AM PST

    Request: colour blind mode

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:20 AM PST

    More and more games implement some sort of colour blind mode where users can adjust the colours to some extent. I personally have a hard time identifying the coverage of different building when constructing them (like electricity, depots or marketplaces) because my green vision is rubbish. It would be better if the coverage would be highlighted by white or some diagonal lines for example which would be convenient for basically any kind of colour blindness.

    Many thanks for this and for this awesome game in general.

    submitted by /u/videki_man
    [link] [comments]

    Night time in Anno 1800 just got better

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 10:18 PM PST

    Night time in Anno 1800 just got better

    I'm loving the new City Lights pack. The street lamps are amazing.

    Night time in Bright Sands

    submitted by /u/Slimdude41
    [link] [comments]

    Is Cape Tralawney worse than the Old World?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Before I make my point let me explain that I play the game on easy settings, although not completely easy. I like to have both pirates in my game and two easy opponents. Rest of the settings is "plenty" and "a lot", you know what I mean. Apart from Influence which I set to "middle".

    Having said that I believe that Cape Tralawney feels... too easy (I feel like I'm overusing the word).
    At first I loved the peninsula, it was beautiful, spacious, had plentiful of reasources. I could build anything there and not worry about transport until the very late game (apart from goods from the New World that is). But later I realized that I don't need to worry about resources, space and transport... which are the key elements of the game! I was left with just the beauty.
    Cape Tralawney requires far fewer additional islands and trade routes. City planning doesn't have to be that meticulous, since there's three times as much space. I just had to move the "dirty" industry away and that was all the Old World import. The entire subtle Influence balance was thus slightly shaken, because I had more to spare while having the same population and industry.

    Then there's another issue. Cape Tralawney is EMPTY. Sure the expanding AIs will follow me there and keep me company, but since there's fewer islands in general their presence will be limited. There are no pirates and no neutral players apart from Old Nate. I like having limited competition in my Anno games, but I also like to be able to have some interactions, even if they're not as meaningful gamewise.
    Maybe Madame Kahina and Archibald Blake could have outposts there? Maybe there could be another fraction of pirates stationed in the region? Or they could appear after the Span... ehem La Corona's fleet left.

    These are obviously my own purely subjective feelings, but I'd like to hear what others think about it.

    submitted by /u/MateuszC1
    [link] [comments]

    Because the other one isn't a woman?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:41 PM PST

    Is there even a PC that can run it at constant 60fps?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 11:08 PM PST

    To be fair it doesn't need 60fps to be playable but I'm just curious. My rig is an i9, 2070super, and 16GB ram with an SSD. Playing on 144p ultrawide, I got around 40fps in the old world on a fully developed island. Anyone can run it at constant 60fps and what spec are you using?

    submitted by /u/beam05
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 2205 - Prycomber Barricade mission

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 11:12 AM PST

    I just bought the game and am playing through the campaign. Is there a way to restart the mission/crisis sector? Or any of the other missions?

    submitted by /u/clvnhbs
    [link] [comments]

    How do you explain Anno 1800 to someone who has never panned an anno game before?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:19 AM PST

    I was talking to some friends last night (all gamers) and one of them asked what sort of game is Anno 1800. My response was that it was a city builder but focused on supply chains, logistics and some rts elements. I feel that my response didn't do the game justice. So if someone asked you to explain Anno 1800 what would you say?

    submitted by /u/BluntRazor14
    [link] [comments]

    Season 3 DLC Idea (ARK)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:27 AM PST

    I want something similar to the ARK in 2070. Maybe it is possible to have a small Island with different designs that works like an ARK. There would be new Items for your "Estate". Those Items would have an efect on all Sessions. Maybe there is a better idea for that.

    submitted by /u/2000Timo
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys make beautiful Industy

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:24 AM PST

    Since i bought the dlc last week i always told myself that i will restart and build beautiful factories, then i always end up building for efficiency.

    submitted by /u/heythererandomdude
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 - trading route optimizing

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 01:33 AM PST

    Hello there, got a problem with finding the right relationship of shipping the products to different islands. Im producing beer on island A, 2t more than I need on all islands. Now I need the beer on my main island B and on island C in the new world. Until now I got 2 routes, one from A to B and one from A to C, but like I said finding the right relationship that no island is running out of beer is a problem for me. Would it be a better solution to send everything to B and then the rest from B to C so I can just set a minimum stock. Would be an option because island A and B are southwest and they dont need to go that far, but if island B would be in the northeast corner its a bad solution. Hope you can follow me. How do you solve this problem?

    submitted by /u/Gamper94
    [link] [comments]

    Why I can’t click the “accept “ offer from the pirate ?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:02 AM PST

    Q1. Like the title, I've been told I need to give money again and again to make her happy. Sometime, I tried to ceasefire with her, the accept bottom is grey which I can't click! In other words, I have to demand money to reject her.... Is this a bug or I missed something?

    Q2. Is there a way I could know my current difficulty level settings? Like income setup is high or median?

    Q3. I just started sunken dlc. In sunken, do I need to prepare a ship army like the story mode? I have no Competitors AIs, but I have traders and pirates.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sunson29
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 needs a RESTART for changing ANY graphic setting and can't even change resolution properly! This is totally weird and backwards!

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:37 AM PST

    Anno 1800 needs a RESTART for changing ANY graphic setting and can't even change resolution properly! This is totally weird and backwards!

    Anno 1800 being a game that was developed in 2019, I am baffled as to why (and frankly how) they would need a complete(!) restart of the application if you change any graphic setting (apart from vsync):

    Anno 1800 Settings

    Just now I wanted to change from Full HD to 1600x900 and enable Anti-Aliasing because my CPU can't really handle a fully developed map, changing resolution down usually gives back enough frames when the game is overly CPU intense.

    I changed the resolution and the UI was placed partly outside the screen, like still at the Full HD coordinates, which is a total amateur development mistake.

    Then I tried to rectify it by switching between window and full screen mode (which works for some games that have those screen space issues). Didn't work. That means I have to restart EVEN FOR CHANGING resolution!

    Then there is the thing that EVERY option, which has been a basic graphic option in any game for decades, demands a game restart!

    Changing View Distance? Nope, restart the game. It's too much to just change the clipping distance of the only camera in game, and perhaps change LOD and fog distances to something shorter.

    Changing shadow quality? Nope, it's too much to tell the lighting engine to render shadows at a higher resolution.

    Changing texture quality? Nope, not possible to load the same textures into the used materials, only at higher resolutions. Or changing the materials into ones that use more effect maps for higher visual fidelity.

    What happened to simply loading textures/code/models and replacing them on the fly?
    What happened to the message "This may take a couple of minutes", that mostly regarded textures, which always took maybe 20 seconds?

    I can only compare it to 1404, which is the only other Anno game I have.
    Yes, 1800 has many new features that are cool and helpful to managing 5 different maps on 1 screen.
    But, there are some basic functions that are completely missing, which are standard in most comparable games today.

    Who makes such incredible decisions at Ubisoft? To, in the year 2019, greenlight a game for release that can't even change it's graphic options without exiting first?
    Does anyone have insight in the engine and development behind Anno 1800?
    I know they always had propriatery engines, sometimes quoted as being made "from scratch".

    I would also like to ask a short poll if you don't mind, just so I can get the average opinion of the players, thanks.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/SgtCold
    [link] [comments]

    Help, screen go black after hit Ctrl Shift R

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Help, screen go black after hit Ctrl Shift R

    As stated in title, i got a blackout screen like this after i hit Ctrl Shift R ( first person view), is this a bug ? or is my computer system is not high enough to see this feature of the game?

    https://preview.redd.it/5ii25i1few261.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9839a523dcb4ab955ab40f283a82c6e5d6573ce2

    submitted by /u/hecatos96
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Season 1 and Season 2 pass?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:59 PM PST

    There is a discount of 50% on season 1 and 20% on season 2 of anno 1800 in epic store. It will cost me total of $30.66. Should I take these as my birthday present or wait for a better offer (maybe in Christmas) ? the offer ends today.

    submitted by /u/reset076
    [link] [comments]

    Jump Start Anno 1800

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 07:03 PM PST

    My wife and I have been playing the Anno series since 1701 and love to play all of them. We spent the most time with 2070. 1800 is great but it takes a while for things to really get moving. My wife's play style is population crazy and I am all about speed to the next tier. I know it was not a very liked feature but we miss the jump start that the ark gave in 2070. Maybe we are missing something but it takes us about 40 to 50 hours of gameplay to get to a world's fair. Any tips or tricks we may have missed? Thanks

    submitted by /u/memphis789
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1602 history collection... i keep goin broke

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 04:30 PM PST

    Been playin this, I love old pixel art style games but one thing about this anno is there's not much hand holding at all. I keep restarting and getting better each time but I keep losing money, I never really have trouble with money in other anno games. Any good guides out there or any tips on how to not go broke?

    submitted by /u/1ButtonDash
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment