• Breaking News

    Friday, December 4, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – December 04, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – December 04, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – December 04, 2020

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 05:00 PM PST

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Was actually able to leave some beach open!

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:27 AM PST

    My artisans every 20 minutes

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 03:40 PM PST

    Building on mountains

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:19 AM PST

    i think you should be able to build on the mountains, whether it be a viewing station or some sort of building. it would add more use to the mountains late game instead of taking up space although they are very pretty.

    submitted by /u/SJ_06
    [link] [comments]

    Decided it was that merry time of year again to construct a Christmas market for my residents. (Edit: re-uploaded this post because my clumsy hands deleted my post by accident)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:25 PM PST

    Anyone could guide me on how to fix "delay or build parallel tracks" for oil rail tracks?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Hi friends,

    I am very confused about this rail track system. I keep getting "delay or build parallel tracks". I googled a lot about this. Everyone said the same thing "built a parallel loop". Oh man, but nobody gives out an example of this "loop". Can someone should me a real pic of loop ? Loop between what ?

    I already made 2 tracks out of the harbor, and both tracks go to 2 different refineries, however, I still have this delay issue.

    So, anyone could just show or draw a simple pic for 1 harbor with 2 refineries, 2 (or 3) power plants ?This pic will solve my question in a flash. thank you! I just need the logic among those bulitings.

    submitted by /u/sunson29
    [link] [comments]

    Dr.Hugo's last stand

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 04:29 AM PST

    When I cornered him he:

    1. Built six big betty's
    2. A ton of cannons
    3. Even more naval mines
    4. Rebuilt and expanded his island into a metropolis
    5. Built a huge fleet made up from scooners, frigates, SOTL's and battlecruisers which were on a 24-7 patrol around his island

    https://preview.redd.it/ekncr8cfz5361.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0c8657631d6364336ee0c2e6619c6f47d4516444

    https://preview.redd.it/89r6z1cfz5361.jpg?width=230&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5c076cf261d3fd8ed3a0195a0a85e6922e92f433

    It is amazing how the AI. swapped strategy and went on full defense in the matter of a few hours. Sorry for not providing more pictures, originally I didn't intend to post this and I destroyed him since.

    submitted by /u/AdoringFan_
    [link] [comments]

    department of trade (not working?)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:12 AM PST

    Hi,

    Can some one explain to me how the department of trade works?

    Ik dont seem to get the storagebonus from the depots.

    They al in range of the harbormasters office (which is in range of the Palace). But its stil not giving me the bonus

    Thnx!

    submitted by /u/jeffx13579
    [link] [comments]

    Musical chairs tips

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:56 AM PST

    How do I make money in Anno1701?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:47 AM PST

    I recently started playing Anno1701 again after only playing it with cheats as a kid many years ago. Now I don't want to cheat anymore but the problem is that I am not really making money. I am making -500 from taxes and building cost and I am only able to survive because of trade in my current game. I am stuck at like 7000 money and it neither increases nor decreases. I would need tobacco for my settlers to advance but my main island can't produce it and I can't really afford colonizing other islands. I think I brought myself in a situation where I am stuck.

    BUT: when I didn't fulfill the settlers need for alcohol I made like 500 plus. So do I need a lower class for the upper class to survive and advance? Can I somehow manage to fulfill their needs without a lower class?

    submitted by /u/idontknowusername69
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashing on startup, even after update 9.2

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:06 AM PST

    I bought the game one week ago and could only play 2-3 hours. Because after starting it a second time, the game always kept crashing while starting up without any error notices.

    I tried verifying the files but without any change in result.

    What helped was to remove and install the game again but it was the same behaviour again, starting it for the first time worked (could play as long as I wanted), closed the game, returned after 2 hours and started it up again, and its crashing again every time I start it.

    I have the newest gpu drivers installed and also the newest chipset.
    My specs:
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
    32 GB DDR4 RAM
    AMD Radeon RX 5700XT

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    I also wrote the ubisoft support team a week ago, but no answer for now from them.

    submitted by /u/MystikReasons
    [link] [comments]

    Roundtable discussion in the Annoverse Fan Discord tonight 7/8:30pm CET

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 12:58 AM PST

    Best ways to boost population?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    My Cape Trelawney megacity is pretty much done and filled with investors, but I'm trying to expand my palace which requires higher population. I've started making self sufficient islands filled with Artisans since generally it's harder to sustain anything higher than that in large amounts due to coffee demands. Artisans have decent density while not requiring too many long range trades. Any other ideas on how to get my population up to expand my palace? I'm currently at 74 wings and trying to get to 82 to fill in all my spaces.

    submitted by /u/nbrow93
    [link] [comments]

    Is Trade Tights with pirates possible without Ceasfire spam?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:32 AM PST

    I just wonder - have someone tried if reaching trade rights with pirates is possible without using Ceasefire?

    Currently you can spam it until ~60 reputation and then just fluently transit to Trade Rights. Im curious if it's doable without this trick or ceasefire at all.

    submitted by /u/_barat_
    [link] [comments]

    Anno Battleship Mod

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:02 AM PST

    I downloaded the battleship mod from Nexusmods and put it into my mods folder, which already contains the spiceitup mod. I also have the latest version of the modmanager, but when I put the Battleship mod folder into my mods folder, the modmanager doesn't open. I've only downloaded the spiceitup mod, so I'm fairly new to modding. Am I doing something wrong here?

    Link to mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/anno1800/mods/39

    submitted by /u/name787
    [link] [comments]

    My Flagship Doesn't Appreciate Being Damaged

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 06:44 PM PST

    Will I get that quest again?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:19 AM PST

    I failed (discarded) one main arc quest from the anarchist.

    When I got it I was really busy with other tasks and eventually discarded it. I only realized it was a main arc quest later on.

    Will I eventually get it again or I missed it for good?

    submitted by /u/Altamistral
    [link] [comments]

    This sub needs more content from the old games

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 04:45 AM PST

    I'll start by saying that I'm a very casual player and I don't visit this sub as much, but during the seasons I'm playing Anno I like to come here to seek discussion about the games. But I only see Anno 1800 content.

    I understand Anno 1800 is the newest and most popular game in the series, but this is still r/anno (a sub for the entire series) and not r/anno1800 (a sub for that game in particular). So, while I understand that most of the content is going to be about the latest game, this sub kinda feels like if it was r/anno1800. This is not exactly a criticism, it's only that I miss discussion about all the other 6 games.

    On a related note, I think the sub could see some improvements in term of presentation and post flairs. With presentation, I mean an icon and header that represent the entire series and not just one game. With post flairs, maybe they would be more useful to search posts if they indicated the names of the games (for example: "Anno 1503" or specifying: "Anno 1503 Question", "Anno 1503 Discussion", etc.) rather than generic "Question" or "Discussion" that don't help at all to filter the games. Probably with things like this the sub would be more welcoming to posts of the older games. But the thing is, there currently aren't any active moderators here, so...

    I shouldn't be the only one that cares about the older games and wants to see them mentioned more often here, right?

    submitted by /u/Linca_K9
    [link] [comments]

    New to Anno

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:42 PM PST

    I bought Anno1800 a few months ago and can't seem to sit down and try it. I have lots of experience 4x and City builders but it seems complicated and I'd have to learn all thee mechanics... i'm having trouble getting into Anno.

    I play EU4, Tropico, Civ...

    Any tips on how to get motivated to start this one? Easy goals, scenarios to try... ideas?

    submitted by /u/pcans802
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Sale Question

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 08:36 PM PST

    I missed the last sale, any idea when the next one will be?

    submitted by /u/Beautiful_Listen2490
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment