• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 1, 2021

    Anno I was told to make a picture of the precious university in my city...

    Anno I was told to make a picture of the precious university in my city...


    I was told to make a picture of the precious university in my city...

    Posted: 01 May 2021 12:39 AM PDT

    Docklands Appreciation Post

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    Hello there!

    I know Docklands isn't exactly hot new, but I really just had to make this post to show how much I love it!

    I wanted to just blabber on and speak about how much I love this, but I figured that a wall of text isn't too attractive to read, so I'll put some points and develop them instead.

    Alternative playstyle

    This is hands down the best side of the DLC for me. It makes it so that I can entirely skip, bypass or ease the regular production and distribution of goods.

    For example, on my most recent playthrough, I have focused entirely on trading and providing for the needs of my people on my initial island through it. It is so cool as it is something that was very difficult to do in the past.

    While I do love the New World, Enbesa and the other sessions, I find it cool that I have an alternative path to progression. This way, I have decided to focus on my Old World first, and once I've developped, I went into the other sessions, which made them much more of a breeze to develop.

    Crazy Powerful Mechanic

    Now yes, I'm not gonna lie, I LOVE how crazy powerful it is and it makes things easier once you really get going with it. It still needs some work and I haven't exactly done the math, but with my recent gameplay told above, by doing this I have been able to provide for my people without much issues and I have done so while spending a lot less of...everything.

    I spent less influence, because less boats were needed, less maintenance because at some point I sold most of my production buildings (and though the harbor buildings have maintenance fees, it's much less than production buildings considering what they can do), not to mention, the clippers themselves aren't cheap on maintenance during the development part of the game.

    And that's not even speaking of the crazy things that you can do once you get going with a certain type of good and max it out with optimized items and layout (shoutout to the people who have shared their experiences here - Fish and Sewing Machines/Penny Farthings can be "exploited" in different ways and can yield great results).

    Complex but easy to grasp

    I am amazed how it's both interesting AND easy. It's easy, because it's quite intuitive, especially with the explanations of the Admiral once you start with your first Main Wharf building. It's also quite easy to explore the options and play with it yourself.

    But at the same time, it can be quite complex, in that there are several different ways you can integrate the docklands mechanic into your game. Myself I'm still playing around with it and see what kind of organization I like my islands to have.

    For my recent playthrough above, I am in the process of making "specialty luxury production" islands which distributes basic needs of a certain tier. For instance, Jewellery is Tier 5 (Investors), the island in which it is massively produced will not only distribute Jewellery to islands that need it, but will also purchase all Investor basic needs, which is then distributed to islands. Same for the other tiers.

    Again, that's just one way of doing things, I'm sure you guys have done different stuff like more distributive or, on the contrary, more laser focused - but that's the beauty of it, the docklands mechanic is intuitive, but how you integrate it to your game is up to you and it can interact with your current game in very interesting ways :)

    TL;DR - Docklands Good

    That's it for now! Sorry for the wall of text, hope you guys enjoyed Docklands too. And for those who are thinking about it, I honestly think that you should just go for it. I'm not "guaranteeing" it per se, but I think that if you're the type of guy who loves Anno, then you're certainly the type of guy who will love Docklands.

    Feel free to share your thoughts and tips for Docklands! I'm always up for trying stuff out with this new mechanic!

    submitted by /u/Dabok
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot place Docklands module in free space - suggestions?

    Posted: 01 May 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    A noob question about the commuter piers I just found out about

    Posted: 01 May 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    So I'm up to artisans in the campaign but need to outsource their needs and happiness from three of my other islands. All 4 of my islands each have different fertilities etc so it's quite tricky. I've been building two of those islands up to artisan level and am struggling and starting to lose my income.

    But then I just discovered the commuter pier. Is this what I should've been doing instead of building every island up to artisans? Should I have two islands maybe that I level up?

    submitted by /u/AllHailThePig
    [link] [comments]

    Moving Buildings in Bulk

    Posted: 01 May 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    I think moving buildings of the same, or hell, even of different types should be able to be done in bulk, not piece by piece. Like the copy tool, but moving a few buildings in bulk. What do you think?

    (Poll is running for 7 days)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/TheGreatestGamer123
    [link] [comments]

    Why Does Beryl Declare War On Willie?

    Posted: 01 May 2021 12:52 AM PDT

    From what I've learned, Beryl is actually Willie's mother. That being said, she always declares war on him which seems weird. Does this have a reason I do not know yet, or is this just meaningless?

    submitted by /u/TJA_17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment