• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 26, 2021

    Anno Port Town: Some more screenshots

    Anno Port Town: Some more screenshots


    Port Town: Some more screenshots

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    I felt my graphic card is burning ��

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:27 AM PDT

    Apparently my island is the host of a Mary Poppins impersonator convention

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:13 PM PDT

    I played anno 1404 after a long time and... yeah.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Good morning, Crown Falls...

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    After building a number of architecturial marvels, the city of Dorestadt is now preparing to build habitable high rise towers to accomodate even more investors

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Everytime..

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    Blank Bright Sands

    Posted: 25 May 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Should I use tractors in Embesa

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    I know everyone is talking about tourism, but I bought the land of the lion dlc yesterday. So Im not sure if I should use tractors in africa, due to the fuel. Hope someone can help me.

    submitted by /u/Natpad_027
    [link] [comments]

    Bus stops and hotspot needs

    Posted: 26 May 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I'm just going to go out on a limb here and label this a bug because I don't see a logical reason for it. I think there is an issue with zoos, botanical gardens, and musuems not having 100% needs met for the tourists. My zoo is 2.5k attractiveness. I have a bus stop right across the street from the main building. The zoo is also less than a bus stop away (20-30 tiles) from my hotels. I still don't get 100% needs for it. I think this needs to be looked at. It is the same scenario with my botanical garden. I have many legendary items in both the zoo and garden. I don't like the fact that everything needs to be organized in such a way that these buildings have to be so darn close to the hotels. Perhaps a dev can weigh in here?

    submitted by /u/Coffinmaker1
    [link] [comments]

    What do you don't like about the new tourism DLC?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Well, apart from all the nice things that this DLC brought us, what have they ever done for us?^^ Let's be nitpicky.
    For example, I'm really not a fan of the multi factories. You have to place the building and then enter the menu to switch to the desired production. Would be so much easier to just have 4 different buildings for 4 different goods... If its about not cluttering the building menu, then group them into a common category, like it's done with ornaments. Also, I don't like that they basically look the same regardless of their produced good (a few props are different at least). For some things it makes some sense, but I don't even get why "Souvenirs" are produced in a "Chemical Factory". Really? I wouldn't even need very distinct 3d models, just simple things such as different sizes and heights could have introduced some variety.

    The orchards are also especially weird, especially the jam one. Could have been a 2 building production chain, but they decided that jam grows on pink trees (cherry). And I'm not sure why they grow trees and do not have fields with trees, like the caoutchouc plantation has.

    The same lack of variety then also comes with the restaurant vs cafe buildings: It's literally identical, except for some posters. Again, just different shapes (i.e. by varying the "garden" area of the building - doesn't require a lot of effort) would be something.
    And the same goes for hotels (how about small variations, i.e. different heights)...

    submitted by /u/xormenter
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Building Iron Tower in my Palace, Royal Airship Visiting

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    Extremely poor performance on high-end pc

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Edit: poor performance on a good pc.

    Hey Anno community,

    I am struggling like crazy with the Anno 1800 game at the moment. I have an high-end machine (see below). I am helpless at the moment, since the game plays at 1 fps and I have looked at all forums and tried out a lot (see below). If you have any golden tips, I would love to hear them. Really appreciate your time!

    Problem description:

    Before the Docklands update (game update 10 I believe), I played Anno a lot. I was able to run it at about 45 fps, including late-game content and even with mods. For me, everything was smooth. After a busy examination period I returned to Anno with high expectations and excitement because of the Docklands update. However, when I started to play I was able to get at max an fps of 20, dropping to 15 even from time to time. Whenever I was in a menu (start menu, expedition log, trade menu), I had an fps of 60 again. It took sometimes over 2 minutes to render in-game textures or icons such as building options. Now, with game update 11, I am seriously at 1 fps the moment I start up my game and it takes over 5 minutes to load the textures of a building. Even in the start menu and when the game starts I am on 1 fps... Obviously, the game is unplayable for me, which I ought pretty disappointing seeing my high-end machine and the fact that I spend about 100 euro's on this game including all DLC's. Btw, I am not expecting over 60 fps (which would not even matter for this "slow" game), but at least an fps of 40-45 and a playable game would be nice.

    What I've tried out already:

    Trying out DX11 vs DX12 - no change. Changing for both DX11 and DX12 all settings to low - no change. Removing all mods, trying again at DX 11 and DX12, even with all low settings - no change. Uninstalling the game - no change. There are no drivers to revert to, since I am playing on bootcamp. Changing virtual memory to max - no change. Turning off Ubisoft online whilst in game - no change (although this did change my fps from 40 to 60 before Docklands update).

    My machine details:

    iMac 2020, bootcamp Windows 10. 3.8GHz 8-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory, configurable up to 128GB. Radeon Pro 5500 XT with 8GB of GDDR6 memory. 512GB SSD storage.

    Some additional info that may help:

    It turns out that my CPU usage is at the full 100% the moment I start up the game, which goes in tandem with the 1 fps. But, since I have 3.8 GHz 8-core i7, I don't think this is logical at all...

    Note that I know some of you argue that 8 gb is especially low at late game, but that this did not matter previously. Aso, these problems arise even at the start of the game (settling my first island). I am willing to upgrade to eg 64 gb, but only when I know this will matter. Since the RAM is still the same, and early start game I get 1 fps anyways, I think something else is going on.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Spare-Lead-2130
    [link] [comments]

    You could say it blazes a bit too bright

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    bus stop.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    well, what kind of bus driver would i be if i didn't complain about the bus stop range...are these electric buses or wot? 😂 can't drive too far without conking out every 2 miles?
    point of this post...is anyone at all interested in modding the bus stop so that it goes on the water...my Docklands is typically a few squares too far from the best/closest place for a bus stop because i was stupidly building Docklands without considering this small detail which i had no possibility of knowing at the time 😂...really don't want to have to rebuild my coast just for this DLC.
    or...Anno Devs...any chance you can add the bus stop to the harbor ornaments...pwetty pweese.

    other than that...awesome job guys! love it.

    submitted by /u/poppytat
    [link] [comments]

    The new slow down mode is amazing!!

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    Tourist season Trifle quest

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I've been trying to figure out the correct recipe for the Trifle tower, but everything I decide results in a flop. Am I doing something wrong here or is the quest bugged...?

    submitted by /u/Mday89
    [link] [comments]

    Layouts for Town hall + Bar + restaurant + Cafe coverage

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    Anybody who already found or developed a good layout to include bars, restaurants and cafe's in town hall layouts for maximum efficient coverage of residents? Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Groanin
    [link] [comments]

    [Bug]MP - UI disappears completely

    Posted: 26 May 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Hey,

    just trying to check in if anyone else experienced it. I always play with a friend and we just started a new safegame for the Tourist DLC. Every other hour we gotta reload the game, because my friends UI just disappears.

    We already checked Ctrl + G and F1 modes. No button press is registered and he basically gotta Alt+F4 out of the game.

    Curiously it only happens to him and not to me, we are both on different Nvidia Cards but same CPU. Wonder if anyone e xperienced that bug or has any idea how to fix it,.

    greetings

    submitted by /u/ch4ppi
    [link] [comments]

    The DLC Is Nice But I Am Getting More From Just The Patch

    Posted: 26 May 2021 02:36 AM PDT

    So the patch is great, but I am not loving Tourist season gameplay. The bus network just kills me, its an absolute chore now placing things and still nothing it ever good enough.

    I place a bus stop about every 30-40 tiles between everywhere they need but it's still not good enough. One hotel has 100 for museum but none of the others do, despite have bus stops so close. I mean why have to have a connected bus network and still have to have things so close together. Things just need to be too close together and I am not a fan of that, far too much rearranging to my liking. Don't get me wrong I don't mind doing some rearranging but at this stage it would mean pretty much scrapping my town and starting over and that is just not a option for me and I don't think you should have to do that to use a DLC.

    I like most of Tourist season and the concept just the implementation isn't quite what I hoped for. I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion but I just needed to have a little rant to lower the frustration levels.

    submitted by /u/Nienna000
    [link] [comments]

    Liveries pack cosmetic dlc steam link?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:58 AM PDT

    If someone manages to find the steam link to the liveries pack, could you share them, pretty please?

    submitted by /u/lordfil
    [link] [comments]

    Tourist Season

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Apparently we can now increase Coffee demand to 5% of initial value

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    So far there were 2 ways of decreasing coffee demand:

    • Late License Act (-20%)
    • The "Don't Leave It 'Til Lat8r!" ExpressoN8r (-30%)

    With tourist DLC the best recipes for decreasing coffee demand are:

    • Fish and Frites (-5%)
    • Glogg (-10%)
    • Eclair / Palmier / Venison Tartare (-15%)
    • Age of exploration -15%

    So in total, we can decrease demand by 20+30+5+10+15+15=95%.

    At least in theory, because Age of exploration is also increasing number of residents in building by 10%, so it probably increase coffee demand by some value. I don't know math behind it though, and it isn't simple "-15 + 10 = -5%", because with -10% demand bonus and 10% residents increase I still see big demand reduction, even though recipe does not cover even half of my city.

    Either way, with so low coffee demand it should be possible to fulfill it by just producing coffee as bonus product from creating chocolate.

    submitted by /u/xenonisbad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment