• Breaking News

    Friday, August 27, 2021

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – August 27, 2021

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – August 27, 2021


    /r/anno Questions Thread – August 27, 2021

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    Hi r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Update fo Tourist Season and get ready for High Life DLC

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    Four Crowns - additional map session with four crown falls

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 09:09 PM PDT

    I created a tool for managing cultural items

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    I created a tool for managing cultural items

    Hey guys I created a tool where you can track which items you have in your zoo / museum / botanical garden.

    No more wondering whether you have an item on all your relevant islands and having to click through every single one of them for every item you see at the vendors.With this small standalone application you can mark which items you have for what cultural building on each island.

    Since the tool is an exe, I have also uploaded the source code for transparency.

    https://github.com/Waynetertainer/AnnoTool/releases

    Screenshot of the tool

    I hope you find this tool to be useful to complete all your collections and build the most
    wonderful / efficient zoos / museums / botanical gardens!

    submitted by /u/Waynetertainer
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Beauty Builders

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    I've been playing Anno 1800 for a few months now, I'm loving the game, but I'm struggling to make my cities prettier. Is there any beauty builders on YouTube that you'd recommend for inspiration?

    submitted by /u/MashedKebab
    [link] [comments]

    enjoying myself as a 'beauty builder' WIP

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 10:49 AM PDT

    It saddens me that there will never be an anno game set in the 1900's

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    Thats it.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Dogface12
    [link] [comments]

    So what did people decide on regarding usefulness of the Tourist Season Recipes?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    I haven't played any of the Tourist Season (Had a daughter in May). I should be able to go back in the next month. I decided that sadly my 50 hour game is too much of a house of cards and would probably collapse if I tried to integrate Tourist Season and High Life so I need to start over.

    My main question is what did people figure out regarding integrating the new Tourist Season content? Are any of the Recipes actually worth while? They seem more like side steps than anything that provides real benefit. Is it worth trying to get your main residences in range of Restaurants/Pubs/Cafes or not worth the hassle? Do people basically just put them in range of the Hotels and pick the easiest one to complete material wise?

    Are there any major things I should know about planning a city for the Tourist Season? Will 10X10 layouts still work well enough?

    submitted by /u/TheRaven476
    [link] [comments]

    Stree with these Concrete things as Mod?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:08 PM PDT

    Is anyone looking forward to playing without Crown Falls?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:37 AM PDT

    I realize this might be a bit of a loaded question, but in my experience sooner or later every session turns into one megacity on Crown Falls, because that's the only place where you have enough space for housing.

    My hope is that with High Rise there will be a new stretch goal to improve your original capital without having to emigrate to Crown Falls. I find the Queen's quest line and identical layout of the island, which tends to lead to the same city I have built several times before, rather repetitive. (side bonus: fewer sessions should also improve load-times and CPU load). The abundance of space on Crown Falls removes the need to really optimize building positioning, which IMO is one of the key challenges of any city-builder.

    Does anyone else feel the Crown-Falls-Fatigue?

    submitted by /u/Breatnach
    [link] [comments]

    Update to Aggrototem's "Optimal Investor Layout"?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    Aggrototem's original post

    Modular plan in his spreadshit

    For the longest time I've been using this Investor layout, and I do believe many thought it superior two years ago (of course there were other good min-max plans). But tourist season really broke things for me and I wonder if anyone knows whether Aggri weighed in on this?

    With the high life imminent launch I (and I am likely not alone) will be looking for a new "golden system" so I would really appreciate anyone's input.

    I am not necessarily looking for the absolute best investor system (which is likely still in the making considering the new DLC) but just a good optimal system I can follow which does rely on town halls.

    Keep it up! (very subtle pun there)

    submitted by /u/ori_kap
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 guide to Negative attractiveness

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 09:44 AM PDT

    Check out my latest Anno 1800 guide to Negative attractiveness, see how you get it and ways to counter it

    https://youtu.be/tZA9aIsUY3I

    submitted by /u/itroo
    [link] [comments]

    Trade route bug

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:43 AM PDT

    Haven't played the game since release, has it changed a lot?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    Blog post about: content after The High Life

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    German game magazine Gamestar has reviewed The High Life

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Do some DLCs require a new savegame?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I am about to buy the Season 2 and maybe the Season 3 Pass and I wondered for what DLCs I need to start a new savegame or are they all compatible with old savegames?

    submitted by /u/Oli695
    [link] [comments]

    An working military System, using the Session/Expedition mechanic

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 02:40 AM PDT

    With speculations about the new setting of Anno becoming louder and louder, I think it is time to talk about the big elephant in the room.

    There is no viking age without raiding (yes, I know, only a minor fraction of Norsemen ever raided etc. But put viking on a cover, and people want to raid) Same with a Roman setting. Rome is known for its empire and Legions first, and it's cities and streets second. Ships and ship battles are somewhere far behind.

    All this requires land battles, the great black sheep in the series. How to approach this, without making a whole new mechanic? How to include it into the Ressource based management system that Anno is at its core?

    Simple, make it all about Ressource! Have wars happen indirectly, the same way expeditions happen. The factor to success here are the resources put into it. Maybe mixed with a decision and/or minigame. Turn soldiers into a Ressource, not a unit, that requires mantinance. Have the "Sessions" be secure core provinces, and if we need direct RTS combat, have there be pirates on the water to fight.

    submitted by /u/Elgappa
    [link] [comments]

    Docklands Hotkey?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:48 PM PDT

    Is there a hotkey I can assign to the Docklands menu so I don't have to keep clicking the wharf and then Export button?

    Is there a mod that allows additional hotkeys?

    submitted by /u/lifelongtrag3dy
    [link] [comments]

    Exciting Anno 1800 news this week - recap video - New game mod, season 4, cosmetic DLCs and much more!

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment