• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 15, 2019

    Anno Where do the people come from? (just for fun, no pun intended)

    Anno Where do the people come from? (just for fun, no pun intended)


    Where do the people come from? (just for fun, no pun intended)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 03:08 AM PST

    Just for fun I started hypothetising about this question: Where do the people come from in the Anno games?

    After you build a new house or upgrade an existing one they magically appear. You don't see them coming in boats or (in the case of Crown Falls) by road.

    While this works absolutely fine for the gameplay, I like to think deeper about this question just for fun :-) Especially for the new arctic islands without beaches - How do the people get up there?

    My ideas so far are (Attention: wild fantasies ahead, I'm going a bit crazy here):

    1. They actually move in from somewhere else. The game just doesn't render their private vehicles (boats, carriages or airships) for whatsoever reason, maybe for performance reason
    2. There actually are no people in Anno, it's only houses. I know, you see people wandering around the towns, but they could just be non-substantial apparitions like holograms - I mean, in first person mode (ctrl+shift+r) you can literally walk through them. The only entities consuming the provided goods are the houses themselves. The houses are "living organisms" consuming goods and providing workforce, whatever the term "living organism" means in this context ...
    3. The houses contain artificial wombs, which breed people. Thinking about this idea for too long makes me feel strangely uneasy (>_<)
    4. They are actually the essences of characters killed in (other) video games like first person shooters or battle-focused real time strategy. They somehow find the empty houses in Anno and move in in the hope of living a fulfilled, peaceful live :-D
    5. There is no reality outside my brain and I'm imagining everything. Wheeeee ;-)
      (okay enough solipsism for now)

    So what do you think? Did I go completely bonkers or do some of you have fun thinking about something like this, too? :-)

    submitted by /u/kaylnaris
    [link] [comments]

    Airship station missed opportunity.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:28 AM PST

    I have this beef with Anno 1800 developers that I cannot stay silent about. They make this sensationally beautiful game paired with a gorgeous 3D camera view but they make most of the buildings in the game the same height which ends up making every city looking flat, no matter what you do.

    I mean, they started with the great idea of making islands that vary in height, but why stop there? Why are Artisan/Engineer/Investor buildings of the same height? Why is the Bank building just marginally higher than any given Investor building? There's 0 options to build a skyline in any given city, really.

    But then they introduce this great DLC which is the Passage. Everyone knew before it was even in beta that there would be Airships in it, and I was thinking that finally I would be able to add something to the skyline of my city by building the Airship station in my Old World/Cape capital, right? Wrong. For some reason, the Airships are able to dock and unload at the Trade Post. But why??? There's a whole DLC's worth of content dedicated to enable players to fuel their cities with gas and bolster their trade routes with Airships, but why can Air Ships dock at normal coastal Trade Posts?

    Just imagine a little tower right in the middle of your city that would act as the docking spot of your trade route Air Ships? Wouldn't that have been awesome? :(

    I hope some moders would come up with something like this!

    submitted by /u/Killdestroy
    [link] [comments]

    Any easier method to obtain the new scrap from the new DLC?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 10:59 AM PST

    I've been manually traveling around the "fog" and clicking on scrap. It's so incredibly tedious. At least with the last "scrap" you had a "destination" to go to.

    Here I'm just wandering around aimlessly and can't focus on other things because of the micromanagement.

    submitted by /u/ghulzen
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to download savegames as though they were mods?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 09:46 AM PST

    I've seen some truly incredible cities on here and was wondering if it's possible to download people's cities and play with them. It's a feature I've seen on a few games, such as Cities Skylines.

    submitted by /u/WhiterunUK
    [link] [comments]

    Change the default multiplayer winning conditions

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 12:18 AM PST

    I would've liked a more competitive multiplayer. The standard 1v1 setting seems stupid with only reaching 5000 inhabitants. This can be reached in 20min game time by just spamming farmers. You cannot hinder your opponent militarily from reaching this goal.

    Yes you can change the standard settings but the default multiplayer 1v1 end goal shouldn't be something trivial like 5000 inhabitants.

    submitted by /u/Terroklar2
    [link] [comments]

    How do you turn on the day/night cycle in A1800?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 04:37 AM PST

    I'm quite confused, it's supposed to come free with the Botanica DLC (which I have), but so far I haven't had a single day/night change and I can't find it in the options either! How do you turn it on?

    submitted by /u/Dacadey
    [link] [comments]

    Sea animals reward from expeditions only

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 07:36 AM PST

    I have done like 30 animal expeditions and only get the same legendary and epic sea animals. How i can get other animals? I don't want sea animals anymore

    submitted by /u/kaluginmir
    [link] [comments]

    Trying out through the trial; are you supposed to have a thousand houses and lumber mills?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 06:38 AM PST

    I'm coming from the Tropico series where you don't need five million of anything to get an economy going.

    Yet trying to play Anno, it seems like even with two lumber mills I'm outbuilding my lumber production to build the houses I need to attract the workers for the farms...

    Does the game just require you to build a lot more? Or am I doing something wrong and 2 lumber mills is enough?

    A tooltip told me that one clay deposit is enough to fully stock two brick factories, but one logging camp does not seem like enough to stock two lumber mills >_> Seems inconsistent / how are you supposed to tell easily?

    submitted by /u/Skatingraccoon
    [link] [comments]

    A list of curious hidden items that I have found in the asset viewer

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:54 PM PST

    Bugged quests in the arctic

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    Anyone notice a few bugged quests that can't be completed since the new dlc was released? There one where I had to give 60 of any food to Mercier's boat but when I approached with the food he didn't take it. The was also one with a photograph I had to take of explorers. And one where you had to put a relic in a museum in the temperate lands that wouldn't register as complete when you display it. So many bugged quests for me.

    Also when I try to do an expidition and open up that screen to load the boat with supplies the graphics get all bugged.

    I never noticed these problems with 2070 or 2205. What gives?

    submitted by /u/bagofsnakes
    [link] [comments]

    So, does anybody know how maintenance cost is calculated

    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 02:20 AM PST

    I really want to know the time span in which the maintenance cost of a build is due.

    Thx for the help in advance :D

    submitted by /u/undeadhulk007
    [link] [comments]

    Confirming DLC activation bought through Steam

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 08:33 PM PST

    I've seen older versions of this topic, but nothing recent, so I thought I'd ask since all DLC is now available.

    I just bought the season pass through Steam, and while everything looks good in my Steam DLC, nothing is visible in Uplay and they're still available to buy through the main game menu. Everything I've read seems to say it should activate automatically, but trying to create a new sandbox campaign, all DLC options are locked.

    Am I a doofus for missing something, or is this possibly some weird bug?

    Edit: It was a matter of running both Steam and Uplay in Admin mode. Next time I launched the game (through Steam), it connected the DLC to my Uplay account.

    submitted by /u/CrazedChihuahua
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to take into account travel time for goods

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 05:35 PM PST

    So I am trying to ship goods from one world to another and the statistic table helps with understanding the amount needed to sustain the island but I don't know how to take into account the time they need to travel (like from one corner of the map to another or to different regions)

    submitted by /u/XinHoMTG
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 05:35 PM PST

    I dont know how to fix my finances. I'm sinking deeper and deeper into debt with almost -2,000 and hour. I dont get why, it was at +300 like a minute ago

    submitted by /u/flatrearthisdumb
    [link] [comments]

    How competitive is this game?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 03:33 PM PST

    Not interested in multiplayer, just asking about the single-player campaign (sandbox?).

    Playing the trial, and when I start a new game I get an option between "more" or "less" guidance. I'd much perefer to play around with less guidance and learn the game's systems on my own, even if it's at a slower pace, but I'm not sure if this is the kind of game that can be learned at a leisurely pace.

    Where would you place this game on the spectrum between zero-pressure games (think Cities: Skylines) and highly competitive games (Age of Empires/other RTS games)? Is there even a fail state in this game? I've never played an Anno game before and not sure what to expect beyond the first few hours. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/vuelius
    [link] [comments]

    Change time speed with Spice it up?

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 06:49 PM PST

    Hi everyone, really new to Anno series got the gold 1800 after playing the trial version. A common thing I've read, with contentious debate I see, is an active pause; I'm not here to debate the merits. I see Spice it Up adds a super slow mode which is kind of like an active pause, I like this but not the extreme slow.

    I'm wondering if anyone has edited the super slow mo to be just a "half speed" option from regular time mode? Or can direct me how to do so?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/-Tack
    [link] [comments]

    How to start the DLC 'The Passage'

    Posted: 14 Dec 2019 03:57 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    Apologize for the really, really, really dumb question, but how do I start the new DLC? I got Anno on Steam, I got the season pass and played the other two through it.

    Do I have to do somehthing to trigger it? Like the missing Queen Mission for the Trewlany Stuff? Started to play in a free world, currently third 'phase' and can't get it to work. DLC is activated in the Setting beforehand

    Am I missing something?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/Avvertenze
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment