• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 5, 2020

    Anno That would roughly be 20m taller than the Flatiron Building (Scaled with pedestrian)

    Anno That would roughly be 20m taller than the Flatiron Building (Scaled with pedestrian)


    That would roughly be 20m taller than the Flatiron Building (Scaled with pedestrian)

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Designed my Investor Land !! What do you guys think ?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Designed my Investor Land !! What do you guys think ? submitted by /u/snypter
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for newbies, may contain later game spoilers for beginners, based on FAQs, comment and add your tips

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:13 AM PST

    1. set your game to easy and choose only friendly players, Like Bente and Quing, if you have problems with more difficult players, you can customise your game, campaign less, sandbox completely, when you start new game. you can even turn off pirates, but it is better to befriend them

      1. simple rule if you are not aiming for some other goal may be to have close to 1000 people of each tier on 1 island, and try to employ as many of them as possible. that way you avoid high taxes (go up with more than 1000 people per tier) and do not forget to add new houses as you upgrade. later you will learn when to do it differently
      2. if you need to expand quickly employ them in planks, bricks, etc., if you need more income limit those as much as possible and focus on money making production, after you meet all needs of your people (in house menu you see which gives you more money or happiness or what) focus on things like building ships and selling to Archie, or soap to prison, or alcohol to pirates, or fur coats to Kahina
        4.use town halls and trade unions with right items, and get to engineers to unlock electricity, so you need less workforce and are more effective. do not overproduce, mostly building materials (steel beams, guns) but everything, check in with your ingame statistics, click graph icon in production buildings or marketplace or almost everywhere...
      3. optimise your economy to have enough until your can build a bank and build investors, at which point you will drown in money, until then
      4. to have lower royal taxes divide your production between more islands, right at the beginning you can usually settle second island, or as soon as Archie starts selling beams
      5. do not try to make surplus production, mostly it is not worth the price. only those few goods that npcs have listed that they want, like soap to prison, alcohol to pirates. it is also cheaper to buy beams that produce them yourself
      6. sell ships to Archie to get additional income
      7. make beer and fulfill other happiness needs, you can see in house info which need fulfilled gives you more people or higher income or happiness and how much
      8. do not build too much beams or guns production, as it consumes so much workers, bricks the same, just what you need at given time, then pause if not needed
      9. do quests, they often pay well too
      10. do not bother with tourist until you actually have nice city as the upkeep is high and your industry is polluting your island, also if possible have your dirty industry on different island
      11. offer ceasefire to pirates, it is much cheaper than when they offer it to you, slowly gain diplomacy with them (giving gifts, keeping them in war but with ceasefire) and become their trade partner
      12. do not have too big military fleet, it has high upkeep cost, if not needed sell them and later make new ones
      13. keep upgrading your population, higher tiers pay better
      14. when you start with lots of money buy some shares from other players main island, they get more expensive and later bring in nice income (like 50 000 from Malching main island midgame, the easier the opponent the lover income he will generate) and also if someone buys your island share buy it back as soon as possible
      15. if you lose your flagship Archie or Isabel Sarmento should have one on sale for you
      16. place your production as far from warehouse as possible to have carts going fully loaded and not cramming your loading ramps with each 1 product, or even better have it as far as your green touches the building next in production chain, like have pig farm on far end of island, connected to slaughterhouse in the middle and only at the end of slaughterhouses reach have that warehouse.

      and beware that russian version is cheaper but has locked language options, it is not a bug but a feature

    submitted by /u/iamnqm
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Quest bug - need help

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have a problem with the quest "The nameless author". In my case it's the one with H.P. Hatecraft. I'm not 100% sure but the quest consisted of a task to showcase an item in the museum. But now the quest is stuck. It says I should collect the reward from him and there is a NPC on Crown Falls with an arrow over it but it does nothing. What do I do to finish this quest?

    I tried to google for the problem, but the only thing I find is that "The nameless Author" should be fixed with update 5.2. Ironically.

    So please help me.

    submitted by /u/zeon474
    [link] [comments]

    Project Distinction 1.1 Update

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Project Distinction 1.1 Update

    Workers & farmers island

    Updates the mod to version 1.1

    Fixes the lights on buildings not showing up at night time, it should now display correctly. Although I notice the amount of windows that have lights on varies quite a bit, I'm thinking that it is intended that way.

    When upgrading to Investors the building angle should be as they were originally.

    Your buildings/taller ones might disappear after this update it is because of the order of variation was changed, just use your shortcut (shift + v) to change it back.

    Engineer tier has 3 new buildings added, they are at the end of the variation cycle.

    With engineers, the taller buildings blocks the upgrade arrow so you will just have to click the building to see if it's ready for upgrade.

    Added 2 new variation to Worker's buildings and Farmers buildings.

    The new buildings are just reskin of the tier above, this is so if you want to have an island of just farmers and workers but want more than just the straw huts for farmers and slightly nicer building for workers.

    I will activate Windows soon...

    DL Link : https://www.nexusmods.com/anno1800/mods/20

    https://preview.redd.it/pk8311o4uu841.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=34f81e438e26d03a17f4d96ecb7f774411c0e2cc

    https://preview.redd.it/s9zox2i5uu841.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8bac84e1b052ad5e966fec8caabdc87e1183e06f

    https://preview.redd.it/9dhgn9s8uu841.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f567a24dc4f186b1861cff0de80a9b255cd3955b

    https://preview.redd.it/paaj88wzuu841.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a835a7e83d85898a84cd4aa1a8fcfc1a15726fcf

    submitted by /u/Spaardah
    [link] [comments]

    Environmental Campaigner Achievement

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:26 PM PST

    Hi, has anyone got this achievement? How to get it? I had 1000 technicians, I destroyed all heaters, waited 1 hour but didn't get the achievement. My questions:

    • do you need to destroy or turn off the heaters or it doesn't matter?
    • do you need to maintain at least 500 technicians for the whole hour?
    • do you need to maintain for the whole hour at least 500 technicians that are not freezing, i.e. do I have to warm them using schnapps and sleeping bags as secondary heating sources?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/jonny_pasta
    [link] [comments]

    "The Passage" Questline not continuing

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:12 PM PST

    When I finished the airship hangar I didn't get a follow-up quest. As far as I can remember from an older save Nate should give me the needed gas to build my own airhsip. However my questlog is empty except the quest to start the exploring mission for the "Sunken Treasures" DLC.

    Could this be the reason? Did I forget something obvious? Hope somebody of you can help me, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Mirodas
    [link] [comments]

    Lost Expedition Relic?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    how to get Lost Expedition Relic for museum?

    submitted by /u/KnightModern
    [link] [comments]

    How do items that affect trade prices work?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I'm interested in the in depth workings of such. Does ubisoft even have a wiki or something? I know a wiki exists but i need more in depth info. From what i see they affect the price when buying, but don't apply to selling? That doesn't make any sense. Pls halp

    submitted by /u/TheCoolKid_no1
    [link] [comments]

    Weather

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 04:21 AM PST

    So I am currently playing the campaign and (spoiler?) I got bright sands already a while ago and all goes well. However one thing that does bother me is that it always rains on bright sands. Day cycle doesn't change anything. Is there a way to change the weather or at least remove the rain?

    submitted by /u/gamma6464
    [link] [comments]

    Best/most efficient way to farm Druid's Sickles?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:48 AM PST

    Only World Expo? If yes, what Exhibition? Need many of them :)

    submitted by /u/squ4re_1337
    [link] [comments]

    Ships from New World Getting Sunk by Beryl

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:45 PM PST

    I've set up a few routes of ships to ferry goods back and forth to the New World. I'm at war with Beryl O'Mara, so I've set their course to take a northerly route along Princess Qing's topmost island (the top northeast island). I've dragged the little white anchor line on the route to set this course, and it clearly avoids Beryl's islands to the south.

    However, these dumb ships keep coming back to the Old World and cutting a straight line back to Bright Sands, which sails past an island owned by Beryl O'Mara. They quickly get mowed down by her cannons. See map below. Green shows the actual route being taken, and X marks the spot where ships get sunk. Why is the ship AI not following the route I've plotted? I've taken to watching for the ships to re-enter and rushing over to reroute them manually. Is there a better solution?

    https://preview.redd.it/wmoer2pgaw841.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=0aae3a64c2e5f3c035ff242ada375b407ef042f6

    submitted by /u/bearcatnat
    [link] [comments]

    Salvager Diving

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Probably a noob question, but I got the game a few weeks ago and am LOVING it, it's so addicting. But I was wondering if you are able to dive with the salvager wherever? Or can you only dive using the locator, treasure maps, and quests? Because I can only dive with those three.

    submitted by /u/Frink108
    [link] [comments]

    All Expedition Traits

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 02:22 PM PST

    Can't open save games in Anno 1800 via Uplay

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:54 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I'm just new to the whole Anno series and bought Anno 1800 today. After playing in Sandbox Mode for over 2 hours, the game crashed. I'm playing via Uplay and did notice a message saying there was something wrong with the cloud storage.

    After restarting the game, I tried getting back by quickly clicking Contiue. But it just started a new sandbox game.When I try to open one of the savegames, it does nothing when I click it. I made a screencap to show it. In the video you can't hear the sound but it does make the clicking sound.

    I've read about this issue occuring with other players. Tried moving my savegames to my desktop and back to the original folder. Also tried opening Uplay as admin. But nothing so far seems to work.

    Hopefully one of you can help me out, much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Sheep_of_Wallstreet
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with anno 1800

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 03:32 PM PST

    I came to the point where i unlocked artists, but since I've ran out of place on my main island, i expanded to second one and hit a wall.

    What's the strategy here? Do i export my basic goods to new island and get artist going there or do i create basic goods there and send them back to my main island?

    What do you do at this point?

    submitted by /u/available4me
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Finance doesn't add up

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:52 PM PST

    I took some screenshots. I have one island with a balance of 1907, one with -476, and one with 48. By my math, the balance for all islands together should be 1479. However, it's actually -862. What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/misspelledusermane
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought Anno 1800 on sale. Need help!!!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 01:23 PM PST

    So I've been watching several videos on trying to understand Anno but it just seems lost on me. I was doing the campaign and then I passed the part where I had to blow up part of the island to get to the iron/coal/oil deposits and I started building steelworks and gunworks and such because they were part of my quests and then my income just went south and I am now out of money. Not too sure how I can balance this. Attempted it several times and am just baffled.

    submitted by /u/deeny94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment