• Breaking News

    Friday, July 31, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – July 31, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – July 31, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – July 31, 2020

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anno: Is a game about efficiency.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    The nitty gritty of the tractor efficiency

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Mathematicians please jump in and prove my errors! My coffee plantation is buffed by Herman, Arborist and Feras. Without tractors is takes 130 tiles, and runs at 283% efficiency. Each tile produces 0.0217 coffee beans/min and my 10K tile island produces 217.7 beans/min. Great right?

    With tractors and the above buffs my plantation takes 219 tiles, and runs at crazy 483% efficiency. Each tile produces 0.0220 beans/min and my 10K tile island produces 220.5 beans/min.

    So, tractors are definitely not bad for the economy, and it's nice to have lesser overall plantations and workforce requirements, but this kind of tile efficiency is not dramatic at all, and is actually not noticeable. I tried calculating tile efficiency using different buff items, and it alwats suggests that overall tile efficiency is not really changed meaningfully using tractors.

    How can this be????

    submitted by /u/ori_kap
    [link] [comments]

    Boosting production? Making more goods with less products? No problem, here are tips on how to get the most out of the Trade union... Town hall in Anno 1800!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    What is a good seed where your starting island is big and somewhere around the middle of the map?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    I am looking for such a seed, any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Ggthefiree2
    [link] [comments]

    Tech help

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I was wondering if there way anyway to link anno 1800 to be started thru steam?

    I would like to play anno remotely on my laptop from my desktop and use steam if possible.

    Would appreciate any help.

    A.

    submitted by /u/ABAnderson217
    [link] [comments]

    Import island layout from game into Anno Designer?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Is there a way to do this?

    submitted by /u/Cruse10
    [link] [comments]

    [1800] Anyone else finds Passage DLC kinda meh?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Don't get me wrong - overall the DLC is nice. It fits timeframe perfectly, questline is good, the overall atmosphere is fitting. Airship is a cute addition to your fleet. It's just, well, meh. After the first time I don't look forward to that DLC at all. Airship is a gimmick, islands are infuriatingly small. Gas extraction is a headache on the level of 3D projector production line from 2070 - why these haughty pricks need to live on a desolate piece of ice? And the whole DLC starts to have some real Frostpunk feeling to it - which is to say gloomy, dark and helpless. Fitting to the theme - how many explorers IRL died terrible deaths in the fevered race to the coveted continent and how many survived only to tell harrowing tales of white cold ice deserts? I have no idea, but lots. Still, this atmosphere isn't quite good for the anno series. I think. Even 2070 set in literal post-apocalypse and tychoon faction literally create Titan on Earth (limited to a singular island) - and still the tone of the game is kinda uplifting. Plus you can always rewind the devastating climate changes and have nice rainbows and bonuses to farming everywhere (apart from plastics/oil island - who need clean air there)

    Maybe I'm the minority - I like my islands big, the biggest pleasure for me to design production line that have nice geometrical shapes and waste as little space as possible (which is very simple with 1800's addition of free-form farms). Not to try and squeeze 5 more houses near the river bend.

    I'm just curious as to how many players share my feelings. And to reiterate - I don't think there is something wrong with DLC or the game for that matter (I would really like scenario Power Games and Keto-analogue here, but that's neither here nor there). It even saddens me a bit, but I just don't enjoy Arctic enough - when Africa DLC comes I won't even enable Passage in my new game, I'm afraid.

    submitted by /u/shatikus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment