• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 23, 2020

    Anno Mobilizing the fire department be like

    Anno Mobilizing the fire department be like


    Mobilizing the fire department be like

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 05:04 AM PST

    When I first started I would have never imagined...

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 06:25 AM PST

    Suggestion: the notification should be sent when the ship reaches the destination port and not when it enters the region

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 07:33 AM PST

    With the new option to select the destination port it would make more sense if the notification would be sent when the ship actually reaches its destination.

    submitted by /u/videki_man
    [link] [comments]

    Revolution indeed

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:46 PM PST

    Our Story - Cape Trelawny

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Quick annecdote:

    So, a friend and me maybe once a year get into the anno-fever. We then mostly play coop-style with one or two npcs. We never really got to the point to really make a huge city in crown falls. We somehow always stopped playing after 1-2 weeks, because you know, other things happen.

    Recently, we got a third guy into anno, so we did a 3-people coop-game. And while two of us spent the time to build and balance out the old and new world and arctic, the third spent 6 hours (two evenings) to create the blueprint-layout in crown falls, the one by Rockefeller157, from the anno-wiki city-layouts, with 211k inhabitants. We did nothing else in cape trelawney except diving missions and that layout, so we thought eh fuck this, our fleet belongs to the other 3 regions, where we actually have people and production chains.

    So anyway, we got to the point that we had to eliminate the only npc before starting that city. We took his main-island via hostile takeover, obviously he declared war on us...which was fairly winnable BUT: he just shot our harbour in crown falls, took the island - boom. The whole blueprinted layout gone. 6 hours in the dust. We just sat there for like 5 seconds, speechless..."reload?" "yeah..." "yeah reaload fuck this".

    Classic rookie mistake i guess. Altough we usually stick with the consequences of our actions, this one time we couldn't.

    Just wanted to share this. Wish you all a merry christmas - we'll spend ours with building a giant city!

    submitted by /u/lordwigham
    [link] [comments]

    Rant: i just wasted days playing an un-winable game

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Everything is fine I've got my islands, making money, I'm having fun. First time playing the game. Eventually big bitch beryl declares war out of fucking nowhere because she wants my islands. Okay fine. I try to defend them but all the sudden she has a massive fleet and rips through a lot of my shit, only my bigger built up islands in the old world survive and in the new world I've got like 2 small ones left, and one left in Embesa. Somehow she has full fleets in each region and has nearly every island (despite nothing really being on them).

    Okay, me thinking this is just part of the game and I had a chance switched my economy in ditchwater to allow me to mass produce a fleet of 15-20 ships and constantly replenish them and take my islands back, the war won't stop I can't get trade routes across shes everywhere. I think okay the only way I'll be safe is to wipe her off the map as much as possible so I take back all the new world but one island Bc i took the shares which put me from like -10,000 to +30,000 (I had decided if I was going down I wanted to destroy her too so said fuck it but taking this island saved me from almost immediate bankruptcy.

    She has one island in the old world, I surround the passages with ships to try and keep her from expanding. Now she's destroying and taking literally the entire region in the New World and Embesa. Despite the fact that her islands OBVIOUSLY do not have the resources to build that many ships in new regions I think okay maybe more trade ships are getting through than I thought and the one island I have to let her keep bc it's the only thing keeping me in the game monetarily is providing the resources for the ships.

    I send my fleet to Embesa to clear a couple islands since I literally can't get past the first population type without the islands she took from me. Same thing in the new world.

    But as I'm doing this she's not only taking islands from me in all regions with way more ships than I could even produce. She's loading up the islands with like 5 guns each.

    How on gods green earth am I supposed to compete. If I take her islands to stop her from killing everything I lose tons of influence and can't build more ships to stop her, but if I let her take islands she loads them up with guns and somehow has more ships and proceeds to just take everything I have and destroy all my trade ships. It's a war of attrition except I have tens of millions and the resources to win but I can't because I have no influence and she doesn't appear to be effected by it at all.

    "Influence" doesn't make any fucking sense to me, why would expanding your territory make you lose influence, or expanding your military. Influence on a global stage is not an expendable resource it's a status. You don't spend influence you wield it. It literally works exactly opposite of how it should. Honestly same thing goes for royal taxes for population control. Like goddamnit you can't just fail to balance something and then make up for that by creating a new resource that just arbitrarily sets caps on things. What the fuck is the point of money if I'm always limited by a made up invisible resource, I actually really liked this game at first because I thought it was finally a city builder with enough realism and complexity to make it fun. But this is just as stupid as the bullshit that goes on in Sim fucking City let alone a game I'm gonna actually spend time playing. I'm just really disappointed honestly. These things just don't make sense and imo the game has so much more potential, but some of the design just feels so lazy.

    submitted by /u/Inf3rnalis
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to give some look on what some modders are doing out there! (Here "Police_Station_MU" mod) the level of detail is truly amazing

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:25 PM PST

    Hey y'all! I did start with ANNO 1800 just today and I want to create a Let's Play for it! Happy about everyone joining in! I want to create a joyfull atmosphere. No try-hard and basically just me talking with you while I play :D It may be a little funny sometimes but I hope you can relax to it ;)

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Rotating fields bug

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 03:19 AM PST

    I have encountered a bug with the rotation of fields when you use a tractor barn. It rotates the fields a certain way, although I have placed them another way, and I have found no solution to mitigate this, as demolishing and rebuilding the farm and then placing new fields doesn´t change anything as the rotation of the fields reverts back to the previous state, placing fields in blueprint mode doesn´t seem to help as well.

    The video shows this happening in the New World, with the plantain farm, but it also occurs with other farms, this bug also occurs in the Old World/Cape Trelawney, with the hop farm for example. The bug also appears to only occur with the tractor barn attached.

    Any help is appreciated, and if someone knows how to fix this or some way to mitigate this bug please let me know, it´s driving me absolutely crazy :)

    Edit: Links to videos

    https://youtu.be/YI7L8kO7qLU

    https://youtu.be/Mp24ja20GpY

    submitted by /u/Feuerlord-III
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 easter egg and some RPG gameplay. I noticed it when placed some city decoration. As i understand u can get 1 quest from place/area and when you leave first person mode quest disappears. To enter FPM press ctrl+shif+R

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 03:53 PM PST

    Trade from Old World to New World

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:39 PM PST

    I just bought this game a couple of days ago and loving it! I finished the campaign and trying sandbox. Never reached the next level Artisan since I always stopped whenever I reached the new world for the next level goods.

    As with the title, can I make an automatic trade with my island in the New World to my island in Old World automatically. I just play mostly on one island and I do know that you can make automatic trade routes from islands to islands. What I don't know is if I can make the same from one island from NW to one island to OW. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/VernaVeraFerta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment