• Breaking News

    Friday, December 25, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – December 25, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – December 25, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – December 25, 2020

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 05:00 PM PST

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Maximizing oil production

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Maximizing oil production

    I wanted to try this experiment as soon as I learnt that in the new expansion there's a possibility to relocate oil wells. Unfortunately in my first game I used it to move them in more strategic locations and later maxed out my main island in the Old World, so I couldn't get more Scholars to raise the Research cap. But I finally started a new game and settled in Cape Tralawney.

    The question is - how much oil can you squeeze out of one refinery?
    With abundand resources settings you can have as many as 20 Oil Wells on one island in the New World. I got 19 which isn't too shabby either. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of the location before any modifications, the one below is halfway through the experiment, originally the refinery had 5 wells.

    https://preview.redd.it/h5k5vm3wqb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4259164d47e271477232ada25bd8200bfd96070b

    The location is good also because it's near the shore, too bad it's the farther end of the farthest island, when I want to transport the Oil to Cape Tralawney. Oh well, you can't have it all.

    Here's how the place looks after I moved all the wells to that single refinery.

    https://preview.redd.it/kxfcxzm7rb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2abace829a1e20de11724606ec222d3b16266b3a

    As can be easily calculated the production output of the refinery is 76/minute.

    https://preview.redd.it/o444p0cbrb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=08e0c58b932aa76dc155e84cb257b027054081ab

    Now let's put three regular items into the Trade Union of a comibned boost of 125%

    https://preview.redd.it/04udgjrgrb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=23cacbf371c8c94c5d134b301177337fe31ff97e

    Again simple calculations are enough to know that we'll get 171 oil per minute.

    https://preview.redd.it/9rvq87ikrb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=adb414bffb0b2d83629b55e4ae98119419adb1f3

    But there also seems to be a bug involved. I specifically built several additional Oil Storages to have space for the overproduction. I had almost 2k of spare space, yet the trains weren't too eager to come to the Refinery. All of the four tracks remained mostly empty and the Refinery would often need to stop, because no-one came to collect the production. The trains would drive regularly to the Fuel Station, but not to the refinery. Seems like the devs didn't take the possibility of such high production into consideration when creating the new ability in the expansion.

    But wait, there's more! Then I inserted three different items into the union. The ones that can be manufactured at Old Nate's and which have a timer on them, but also increase the production output but ridiculous values.

    https://preview.redd.it/hlco7o19sb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ef3e2b31979671adf3d38d5f8d3779c146415344

    There's no easy calculation to be done here, but the production menu does that for us.

    https://preview.redd.it/q9d3pxacsb761.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3cd2d4fbec06ad02b05e52f05fd223d20b15c848

    608! Six hundred and eight. Keep in mind that the Refinery produces the Oil at the same rate, the bonus production appears directly in the Oil Port. But there's a different issue.

    The capacity of a Tanker is 400, so I produce 50% more oil per minute than one ship can contain. There are no Items for Tankers and there are no additional oil piers. The Tankers simply would not be able to collect the oil if it was produced at such a rate. It seems that I broke the system. :D

    submitted by /u/MateuszC1
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: The Ubi Store has a -21% coupon for one purchase. Anno 1800 Complete + Cosmetic DLCs “only” cost 48’9€.

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 03:39 AM PST

    The coupon is WELCOME2021. It is announced in the front page but many people won't even check the Ubi Store, so I thought it would be a good idea to share it. Thanks to this coupon the buying price of Anno+All DLC went from +65€ to 48'9€, which made me finally buy it. :)

    Happy Annoing and Merry Christmas!

    submitted by /u/Danny-Dynamita
    [link] [comments]

    New Anno 1800 guide, insane rum production in the old world

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:18 AM PST

    I have released a new Anno 1800 guide today, how to make rum insanely fast and cheaply in the old world with out using a rum distillery https://youtu.be/Yr36FHkYuus .

    Hope you all have a great day, stay safe out there.

    submitted by /u/itroo
    [link] [comments]

    Production centralised, or close to its input?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Just wondered what everyone's preferences are, and why? Personally, I like to centralise my production areas for 2 main reasons.

    1. So that I can build a trade union in the middle of them, and add things that will affect each of them, rather than have items that only affect factories but not the input, and then that space within the circle is effectively wasted.
    2. So that I can provide electricity to them all with a single power plant.

    But I can see why people would build the production near the input, again for 2 main reasons.

    1. So that the input can be taken straight to the production building, rather than to a warehouse first, speeding the process up.
    2. Makes it modular so that you can just copy and paste it elsewhere on the map.

    Are there any other benefits to either of the methods that I've missed? Which is your preferred method?

    submitted by /u/AnubisUK
    [link] [comments]

    Best Season Pass from Epic Store

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:31 AM PST

    Well,
    I have a 10€ coupon in Epic Store to spend and on top of that Epic Store has some very good sales. Coupon is valid on purchases of 15€ or more.

    I have bought vanilla Anno 1800, haven't played much yet, and i thought i would postpone DLCs until after i spent some good hours into vanilla, but now is a very good chance to get a season pass for like 5€.

    So if you could buy only one season pass, what would it be?

    PS. I have the game from UBISOFT connect, i suppose i will get a Code or smth that i will activate in UBISOFT CONNECT so the DLC is compatible right?

    Thank all in advance and MERRY XMAS !

    submitted by /u/BruceDeorum
    [link] [comments]

    1701 question

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 01:47 AM PST

    Played most Anno's but never 1701 before. Since Ubi gave it for free I want to give it a go. Since I basically play all Anno's on continuous play I don't have the storyline to introduce me to all characters.

    I understand the part about the actual AI opponents I can chose, but there seem to be a lot of extra NPCs to select. What impact do these have on a continuous game? Are they just trading partners? Do they take islands? Do some have cool benefits?

    I assume Ramirez is the Pirate?

    https://i.ibb.co/1skS3WX/image.png

    submitted by /u/Belthazor4011
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use the Holiday Pack (Or similar beauty-only packs) in Multiplayer?

    Posted: 25 Dec 2020 05:11 AM PST

    Pretty much Question, I just got the game for my SO and besides that mainly play multiplayer with friends, rarely alone. Can those beautification DLCs be used in Multiplayer? If so, does every player in the session need them or can I get and use them for myself?

    submitted by /u/Saik1992
    [link] [comments]

    How do I pickup cargo in 1701?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 02:20 PM PST

    I got the trader assignment.

    submitted by /u/CuzJellyWobbles
    [link] [comments]

    Annoying xmas crap

    Posted: 24 Dec 2020 07:00 PM PST

    Some of us do not celebrate xmas, and this holiday garbage that's thrust upon me during my game play is more than annoying, it's downright offensive. I DO NOT WANT THIS. The fact that I can't just turn it off is even more ridiculous. NOT EVERYONE CELEBRATES THIS HOLIDAY! KNOCK OFF FORCED THINGS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

    submitted by /u/CHERIJO78
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment