• Breaking News

    Friday, September 10, 2021

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – September 10, 2021

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – September 10, 2021


    /r/anno Questions Thread – September 10, 2021

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    Hi r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 Guide to the High Life DLC's Panorama system

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    Check out my latest Anno 1800 Guide to the High Life DLC's Panorama system. Full breakdown and calculations, Min max layouts, examples across multiple housing block styles and lots more

    https://youtu.be/DiPgChBLwPY

    Hope you enjoy

    submitted by /u/itroo
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of this? It won’t let me pick it up and there’s no quest for it. New to the game. Sorry about potato quality photo.

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 06:12 AM PDT

    My First High Life City

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    Anno 1800, NPC ships Bug, ships from both pirates and NPC (all military) gathering around a schooner that belongs to another NPC, ships are stuck in old world, the schooner is stuck on a nonplayable edge of the map, the schooner can be selected (all of them), all ships not moving. any solution?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    Anno Programmers, let's optimize skyscrapers

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    So, I've been tinkering around with skyscraper layouts for a while in search for the most residents.

    Let me say, it's super complex to be sure you really have the most efficiency. After a while I thought why not write a program. I learned programming a while ago, but this is a little over my head hence, your help. If I recall correctly this is a min-max problem.

    What I have in mind: develop a program that finds the best arragement of skyscrapers (most residents) and streets for a given footprint on the ground. Second step would be to make the layout repeatable in all 4 directions.

    If you're not completely familiar with the constrains, here they are:

    • each skyscraper is 3x3
    • each skyscraper must at least border one road tile anywhere
    • there are 5 levels of skyscrapers, the highest level has (usually) the most residents. (see table below)
    • the amount of residents depends on a "panorama effect:
      • Panorama effect is based on a points system. The scale reaches from 0 - 5 points.
      • each skyscraper comes with as many points as its level is.
      • skyscrapers gain a point for each shorter(!) skyscraper in their range
      • skycrapers lose a point for each taller or equally tall skyscraper in their range
      • the range in which skyscrapers are influenced by others, increases as the level increases.
      • as long as the skyscrapers points are 5 or more it has the best panorama effect and therefor the most residents
      • if the points are zero or below no panorama effect aplies.

    Table:

    Residents per Skyscraper level for a given panorama effect. horizontal on the top is the skyscraper level, vertical on the left is the panorama effect.

    1 2 3 4 5
    0 75 100 125 150 175
    +1 100 125 150 175 200
    +2 150 175 200 225
    +3 175 200 225 250
    +4 200 225 250 275
    +5 225 250 275 300

    TODO: need to dertmine range in which skyscraper influence each other per level.

    Please post your ideas, inaccuracies i might have and most of all if you're willing and capable to do this project.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Eldiabolo18
    [link] [comments]

    Palace Bonus: +50% Productivity from Electricity or a 4th Trade Union slot?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I just can't decide which is the better bonus. I currently use the +50% productivity from electricity since it affects ALL my factories, but a 4th trade union slot is also very good.

    Which one do you prefer and why?

    submitted by /u/Latter-Control-208
    [link] [comments]

    Docklands bug?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Hi! I have a problem - I filled all 10 slots for docklands but it seems that I did not unlock all the modules. I can only build 12 export offices, 23 warehouses etc. Anyone have any idea what's wrong?

    submitted by /u/Tomros1
    [link] [comments]

    they make a bread and call it peace. My city of Weizingen that's flooding the world market with bread.

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Anno 1503 History Edition (Can't Play Multiplayer)

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi , my problem is that multiplayer can't be played over LAN. After you open up multiplayer menu, it automatically grabs the default profile at both players which makes the 2nd player unable to join. You can switch to any other profile but multiplayer will still grab the default one.

    You can't delete/edit the default profile in the game menu. I've also tried deleting it manually in the game setup folders, but it's nowhere to be found.

    I've tried searching for it in regedit, but also can't find it there.

    Anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/uo6835-35a
    [link] [comments]

    Traderoutes stopped working

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    I played on this savegame 50h+ and encountered an interesting bug that made my ships stop at random locations on the map, with the clue that they are waiting for trade. All needed supplies are in stock but for some reason they get the items and than stop sailing and that not even close to a port.This started after a war with the Ai, they destroyed some ports and I deleted all routes and made new ones even the ships were diffrent cause they were sunk, the same with airships and warships. Does anyone can help with this? I play without any mods just vanilla with the first season pass. I was about to buy the others because I play this game since day one even the technical alpha I have encountered many bugs but not one was close to destroy the save. Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/verluzi
    [link] [comments]

    "Mission foul up" bug

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    "Mission foul up" bug

    Is there anyone else, who met this bug?

    I have no active quest, but the newspaper keep writing about a quest that I failed. Is there any solutions for that?

    https://preview.redd.it/rlvn9lwepnm71.png?width=422&format=png&auto=webp&s=cd0ae3e461076e86a8b8dbb872c99ff39f401ede

    submitted by /u/Geleno
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1404 History Edition Question

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    The History Edition is currently on sale in steam and am wondering if I should pull the trigger.

    I already own the vanilla game and Venice expansion. Love them. Just wondering, for those of you who have played both games, what does the history edition add that's unique and worth the extra $8?

    Steam says the HE adds in new quests, ships and items plus the obvious graphical update. Is there anything you particularly liked content wise over the original game?

    submitted by /u/youknowiactafool
    [link] [comments]

    How to reset bugged Anno 1800 achievements in Ubisoft launcher?

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    Can those bugged achievements be reset in some way?

    I bought Anno 1800 from Ubisoft Connect at a higher price (compared to Epic) to get access to the achievements, although my entire library is on Steam and Epic Games. Then strange things began to happen like saves disappearing, inaccessible DLCs, and all the achievements that I did not get were unlocked for me. And while all other problems have already been solved, achievements are still bugged.

    I'm even ready to go through the campaign one more time and start a new sandbox session to get the achievements fairly.

    Does anyone know how should I proceed?

    submitted by /u/toMarHos
    [link] [comments]

    Seed

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    Hey everyone this is my first time posting here :) I just wanted to start my city from ground zero… And im looking for a good chilled seed so i can have fun building my next city

    submitted by /u/VEIL-AI
    [link] [comments]

    "Max. residents" items are now increasing consumption of goods

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    So as the title states, I just recently noticed, that town hall items which increase the number of residents per building, now cause an increase in consumption of goods aswell. I know, that with the new DLC, the calculation of this consumption has been changed from a model based on the sole number of buildings to a model based on the number of max. residents per building. So the update is probably working as intended, it's just, that prior to the update, those items didn't increase consumption and now it feels like they have been nerfed significantly.

    I'd greatly appreciate either a buff to those items to make up for the changes or tweak their functionality, so they work just like before, if that is even possible.

    So what are your opinions on this. Do you think it's supposed to work like this now or is it just a bug and are you fine with the changes?

    submitted by /u/Dharcniss
    [link] [comments]

    Need Anno1800 Friends

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, looking for a discord server of Anno + people to play with. I think I just hit 65 hours in Anno 1800, and I'm truly addicted to this game….just wish I had some people to play with fairly regularly. Anyone interested in started a game together in Anno 1800??

    Discord = Kanatiii#4332

    submitted by /u/Johnisalex
    [link] [comments]

    help with fixing my longest and most successful game

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment