• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 21, 2019

    Anno OH MY GOD, A PELICAN

    Anno OH MY GOD, A PELICAN


    OH MY GOD, A PELICAN

    Posted: 21 Sep 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Not only does the AI straight up cheat, now its bum-rushing my harbor every 5 minutes with a fresh fleet of 10+ ships every time. This isn't fun any more.

    Posted: 21 Sep 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    Not sure what the update did, but since starting a fresh save yesterday, I've already witnessed more annoying behavior.

    The pirates have always been little cheating bastards. You'll wipe out 15 of La Fortune's ships, leaving the entire map void of enemy ships, then 2 minutes later he has rebuilt all 15 boats again. Great, thats complete bullshit, because building 5 Frigates basically wrecks my Influence, but anyways...

    Since the update, this has all gotten worse. This damn pirate will take all 15 ships and bum rush my harbor, destroying half of my fleet. Then, after I've killed the last of them and finally dealt with the situation, he'll come back less than 5 minutes later with an ENTIRELY NEW FLEET and bum rush me again. Where the fuck are you getting all these ships? And why are you suddenly bum rushing me again and again, despite not being at war?

    The 3rd rush finally wrecked me to the point where I just ditched the Save entirely because he ****ed my economy beyond repair. I love this game, I guess, but I haven't had one damn session yet that didn't end in rage.

    Game after game after game after game this happens. Ship AI ruins hours of work in minutes. The game is beautiful and I have a ton of respect for the amount of love that was put into this game, but for fucks sake the thing just doesn't work. The game doesn't fucking work.

    submitted by /u/NURBS011010
    [link] [comments]

    Train still stuck after 5.2...

    Posted: 21 Sep 2019 01:53 AM PDT

    Train still stuck after 5.2...

    Well... I now have more than 30 duplicate ship full of oil trying to unload on this island, but the train still refuse to go anywhere. Tried rebuildind the station, railroad, everything related and nothing work. Loading a save didn't help either...

    I love this game but this is really frustrating.

    https://i.redd.it/ryimagwy3xn31.jpg

    submitted by /u/Avert0
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the most out of passive trading in your harbours? (Anno 1800)

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Hello friends. In Anno 1800, I set a lot of excess goods to sell at my own harbours, but it feels like they barely sell.

    In Anno 1404 this was very profitable, perhaps because of the attainment system that let you upgrade NPC merchant fleets. Is there a way to get more out of this passive trade system in Anno 1800?

    How can I most effectively sell my goods. Passive trading is supposed to get much better prices than actively taking stuff to other harbours, but it doesn't feel like I'm moving much in terms of volume.

    submitted by /u/TheyCalledMeMad
    [link] [comments]

    Cape Trelawney discovered without Expedition

    Posted: 21 Sep 2019 07:48 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    Im here to ask if anyone encountered a similar issue with the Sunken Treasures expedition:

    At some point where I accepted the Quest that would lead me to Cape Trelawney, I realized that the Expedition never appeared. Weirdly enough, it seems that the game thinks I already discovered Cape Trelawney, but that doens't really help me, since I can't access it (with ships), nor can I finish the questline. Something that's also really anno-ying is that I can't defeat the NPCs because they seem to have settled islands in Cape Trelawney.

    Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Zet57Rm

    Here is the save file, incase someone want's to try it themselves: http://www.mediafire.com/file/tpsgtbca8bd9t1h/acountdate%252Bsavegame.rar/file

    So first of all, does anybody have an idea, how to fix this? I tried many things, including contacting Ubisoft-support and the official forums, but they couldn't help me.

    Secondly, is there a way to edit the anno save files?

    One idea I had was to just add the expedition in the savegame by editing it, but I couldn't find a way to edit the .a7s files. Customer support told me they wouldn't help me with that cause "modifying game files is not supported".

    Hope someone can help me, I practically can't access the DLC i paid for in this savegame.

    submitted by /u/alexthelol
    [link] [comments]

    Farmers to Artisans: A Work Template

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    One of the major things in this game that took me awhile to understand was how many resources you need to supply any given population.

    For instance, did you know a massive artisan-age island probably only requires a single soap factory, but 5 bakeries, 4 breweries, 8 grain fields, and 6 hops fields to feed it? For new players it's really hard to figure out how many of each building you'll need. The timers in production chains help somewhat, but some production chains (soap, for example) service way more people than others.

    Calculators online help somewhat, but because your population (and population type) changes across time, and incrementally increasing all your resource needs several times is massively time consuming--I decided to create a template to help me optimize my build order in the Farmer, Worker, and Artisan ages.

    As a general rule of thumb: every age increase you need to double the resource you introduced in the previous era.

    For instance:

    Farmer age: 4 Schnapps per Main Island -> Worker age: 8 Schnapps per Main Island.

    This means (for example) if you proactively blueprint build 16 Schnapps production chains, you're set to fuel two main islands all the way to Engineers.

    Here's the work template:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t8xnaqdP9dsv_OEQhkk50x55ZRRBiT6BtcfuGM8cgoI/edit?usp=sharing

    And here's how to interpret and use it:

    ---

    Everything above the pink horizontal IS NOT for changing (except setting and highlighting goals in the top left). This top area also includes island consumption at useful population intervals (usually what they are at the end of a relevant era), and island production templates.

    Below the pink line are two pre-made main island templates with some defined production targets (6 fish & 7 knitters, for instance) in orange, some possible production targets in red, and some non-production-targets labeled "N/A" in green. As you develop towards the defined (i.e. those that start orange) goals, you update the fill-in color to yellow (halfway), and finally to green (when you've reached the production target).

    Highlighted in red and titled "? ... (+X)" are production requirements for an island that you either manually change to an orange "0/X ..." if the island can produce that resource, or else modify another main island's "0/Y ...," changing it to "0/(X+Y) ..." This might be confusing, so please see the example below:

    For example, say my second main island can't grow potatoes. In that case, I change that island's potato requirement to "N/A" and color it green, while increasing my first main island's potato requirement to "0/16 Potato" from where it started at "0/8 Potato."

    Alternatively, if my second main island can grow potatoes, I change its entry of "? (Potato) (+8)" to "0/8 Potato" and color it orange, preparing to work on that production goal.

    When you add feeder islands & new world settlements, you can copy and paste the templates for those (they're above the pink line) into the columns to the right of the starting two islands below the pink line.

    ---

    Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

    submitted by /u/larknok1
    [link] [comments]

    New bugs after 5.2

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    1. The ship list in the "assign ship" expedition menu is bugged. It's minor, but super annoying. When you click on a ship on the list, it actually selects the ship 1 spot above it on the list. As in: you got ships 1 2 and 3. You want to send 3, so you click on it to assign it, but then when you move on to the menu where you load it up with items, you get ship 2 on there. If you clicked ship 2, you get ship 1 etc.
    2. My ship interface. That tab with all the ships you got in the region? The one you can select to show all the idle ones or on trade route ones? The ships that are in transit/moving/on trade routes are all jumping around that menu, making it look like a slot machine. Now that IS disruptive as I can't really check which ships are in the region at the moment because if I hover over in the menu, it's instantly replaced by another and another and another and another.
    3. I dealt with my returned-from-the-void ghost ships(took a while, but a got a lot of free equipment, yay), but the AI hasn't. Every time I load a save, there is an army of ships, all of the same name, arriving on the map, belonging to both AIs. They then dock at the nearest corresponding AI harbor and just stay parked there ad infinitum. I hope this doesn't get fixed any time before I'm finally ready to annihilate the AI, cuz all those ships must hold a loooot of loot lol.
    submitted by /u/Killdestroy
    [link] [comments]

    Never get quests that reward an item

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    On some of the ANNO streams and videos I watch, the NPCs will often offer items as quest rewards. I only get offered money and reputation points. Is there a setting I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Huskerman84
    [link] [comments]

    Dawn of Discovery question

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 02:48 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Sorry for the throw back. I'm playing on third chapter where you have to find the missing children and I'm struggling to keep rope stocked. I have 5 hemp farms, a weavers but and two rope yards. But I can't seem to get my rope production to meet demand. What is consuming all my rope?

    submitted by /u/DigiQuip
    [link] [comments]

    Hey Guys, just casually build My ten shop of the lines, but all the pyrs dissappered and the game told me i didnt have the requirements for the quest (the final war). Am I stuck now?

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    Can't assign the ship I want to an expedition..

    Posted: 20 Sep 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    Bit of an unusual bug, but I click on an expedition, click assign ship, and when I click on the one I want, it picks a random different one... I can't seem to assign what ships I want to an expedition... any work around for this?

    submitted by /u/cjnewson88
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment