• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 7, 2019

    Anno After playing this game for a long time now I got my first Extravaganza Steamer.

    Anno After playing this game for a long time now I got my first Extravaganza Steamer.


    After playing this game for a long time now I got my first Extravaganza Steamer.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:05 AM PST

    Apparently you can build a battle cruiser from nothing with the right items and festival.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:47 AM PST

    [Discussion] [Mod] Economy Overhaul Balancing ideas

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 11:48 AM PST

    I'm currently working on an economy overhaul, but would like some feedback/ideas from other players.
    The base premise of the overhaul is moving the economy from tax income to trade income. My reasoning is that I don't like that the game incentivizes you to build as many houses as possible, and that all of the value is seeming generated from nowhere (yes, I understand that infinite resources means that even produced goods come from "no where", but tying things to tangible goods feels more immersive to me). High unemployment has no downside, and 90+% of production chains generate a profit, even at max royal taxes.
    My change is to shift the focus on maximizing production rather than taxation. I've already changed the way that passive trade works by removing the needless trade caps on NPC merchants, and am working to rebalance all of the good prices to make it so that over producing and selling excess goods is a source of income. I will be significantly rebalancing all tax so that most goods do not produce profit strictly from taxation, but rather from trading them, alongside an overhaul of nearly all townhall items. Furthermore, I want luxury goods to be just that: luxury. Right now they're the biggest money makers in the game, but I would rather there actually be some choice in the matter: Do I want to invest money in keeping my citizens happy, or deny them these luxuries in favor of increased production of sellable goods? Right now I feel like it's too easy to keep all luxury goods fulfilled, and happiness is a trivial resource for nearly the entire game.
    I'll respond with other ideas in the comments as people reply, and may update the post as I think of other changes I want to include.

    What are your thoughts? How else might I rebalance the economy? What changes would you like to see?

    submitted by /u/LePheel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment