• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 7, 2020

    Anno Found a fun ester-egg in my Botanical Garden yesterday.

    Anno Found a fun ester-egg in my Botanical Garden yesterday.


    Found a fun ester-egg in my Botanical Garden yesterday.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    I know I’m preaching to the choir here but what a game this is!

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:40 AM PDT

    Anno 1800, got it recently in the sale. I am enjoying it so much. It's so deep but so accessible at the same time. The way it drip feeds you more complex production chains and mechanics as the game progresses. I started straight into sandbox and am learning as I go. If you look at my islands you'd think I know what I'm doing. Which I don't tbh. It's just designed so well.

    The messed up thing is if I hadn't seen it on a YouTube 2019 top 10 (worthabuy). It probably wouldn't have been brought to my attention. I know it's not on steam but I never see it discussed in other gaming subs or anywhere for that matter. It's a shame. Great game.

    submitted by /u/Coreynorris
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1800] What are alliances even good for?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    You get an alliance they call you to war, two seconds later they are in a ceasefire and you're not. Alternatively, you call them to war and they get a ceasefire two seconds later. Either way you are alone at war and of course you can only get a ceasefire after you destroyed all of their islands.

    A) Why is the ceasefire not defined on the whole alliance?

    B) Why the constant ceasefires?

    submitted by /u/Tarkus_cookie
    [link] [comments]

    Carts destroying resources - BUG?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    In my current game, I have this setup:

    Two regular flour mills and four Grain farms with productivity of 160% (in the screenshot; one ton of grain per 37 seconds).

    The two mills require four tons of grain per minute. The farms should, according my calculation produce six tons and a bit of grain (it would be exactly six at 150% productivity). Looking at the game statistics for selected island, I indeed produce six tons of grain per minute on said island.

    So far so good. The flour I use to make bread localy and I have trade route set up for the excess grain to be exported elsewhere.

    The problem is, my trade route for exporting grain from this island never transports anything, as if I never had any excess of grain, which I should have according to numbers that are even shown in game production statistic.

    After a while of looking at the building, carts and timewatch, I found out the 37 second production time is correct as well as the production of over six tons of grain per minute. The problem is, that ALL the grain gets transported to a Flour mill with stuff that's over the input storage limit of Flour mill just gets destroyed.

    As you can see in the picture, the setup is pretty compact with all Grain farms, Flour mills Warehouse close together.

    When watching them work for a while, I found out, that Grain farms always send all their output to neares Flour mill.

    Because mills works slightly fasters, each time a farm produces one ton of grain in 37 seconds, it sees the nearest mill input storage is again at only 5/6 units full and decides to send it's grain there.

    And apparently, once cart leaves the farm, it can't change it's desctination and this is the true problem.

    What ends up happening is both nearby farms sending one ton of grain each to the mill that sits at 5/6 tons of grain already. First arriving cart drops it's ton, capping the mill at 6/6, but the second cart still arives and unloads it's ton of grain too. Though the mill's storage can't exceed 6 tons of grain, so the second unloaded ton of grain just gets destroyed.

    I suspect it may be because I have all buildings quite close together, but I did try to toy with it; I tried to stagger the production of the farms, but I managed to make them unload only single ton of grain in Warehouse in several cycles of production, so it still wasn't anywhere near the advertised productivity of 160 percent.

    If there is a way, I'd be willing to save the save to anyone who would want to take a look at it.

    As it sits right now, I'd say it's serious enough to claim it a bug that really needs to be fixed. I suspect it will happen with other resources besides grain.

    submitted by /u/Wauder
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 - Can you reduce interface size by now?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    It's been a while since launch now. Back then I stopped playing because of the huge interface on 2560x1440 27" screens.

    Is there a way to reduce the interface size by now?

    submitted by /u/rondos
    [link] [comments]

    1800 - Does everyone else experience cash slump mid population tier?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    It really starts at Artisans for me. I find that all of the extra production buildings dont start paying off until near the end of each tier, as you satisfy that last luxury need. Then you're flush with cash.

    That intermediate period can wreck me though, sometimes barely surviving financially by selling ships and using consumerism.

    Just curious if I suck (probably) or if everyone is in the same boat.

    submitted by /u/buckness1012
    [link] [comments]

    Went up 5 Prestige levels by switching to Cyclideon Exposition

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    1800 - Diving ship

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    In a bit of a bind. Was preoccupied with 2 other maps when I sent a ship to Trelawney. At some point one of the AI's sunk the diving ship.

    Any way to get a replacement ? Searched around Archibald Blake's wares and couldn't find anything.

    submitted by /u/BrindleMonster
    [link] [comments]

    I finished the campaign, keep playing or sandbox? Got 2.09 million dollars

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    2 Mio dollars and 12.000 people 1000 Ingenieurs Is normal to easy? I also have a lot of ships

    1. What happens when I kill everyone? Will there Come better and stronger npcs?

    2. Should I go new game with sandbox with really hard npcs?

    3.How can I build seat of power? I looked in everything. Yes it's activated after buying. What do I have to do? What are the requirements?

    submitted by /u/Liquidsnakeee
    [link] [comments]

    I can't get used to the workforce mechanic.

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    I bought this game when it came out and i already shelved it like 5 times.

    But i always come back to it, just to get annoyed again.

    I played every anno game except the ones set in the future. And i never had any problems. But the new workforce requirement is really making the game unplayable for me.

    I feel so dumb about this, it's embarassing.

    I just can't figure out a way to lay out my settlements.

    You people may laugh but i always get confused about what to do when i reach artisans.

    No matter what i try it always seems to end in something i don't know how to untangle.

    I tried to only build when i need something and i tried starting with what i want at the end. But when i settle another island i always get worked up on the needs of my main island and the needs of the new one. Maybe i am so used to the way anno worked before that i just can't wrap my head around it.

    And another embarassing thing, i never got to tier4 to be able to use the commuter pier. I always get so annoyed balancing the workforce between islands that i quit.

    I don't have an idea how to distribute my workforce before reaching tier4.

    So i have a population of farmers and workers on Island1, then i settle island2 and try to get some of the production from island1 over to island2. But then i also need some production on island2 to keep the people there happy, but i also need less production on island1 because i have it on island2. Then i advance a tier and everything i did before is useless and i have to do it all over again...at this point i always quit.

    I remember having fun with those things some years ago, maybe i just lost my patience with those kind of games, but that really would be a shame because i always had a good time with the anno series.

    submitted by /u/takeitassaid
    [link] [comments]

    [Can't play anno 1800]

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/WmoLeIa

    Hi,

    I can't play anno 1800, it's little bit darker and i cant click on the game (right click, left click or double click) does not work.

    submitted by /u/DoDo12341234
    [link] [comments]

    Jean not selling any ship

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Hi,

    in my current coop save Jean is not selling any ships (there aren't any in his harbour). I have waited several hours now. He never sold a ship. Item trade is possible and ofc I have trade rights. For Anne it is working as intended.

    Did somebody have the same issue or an idea on how to solve it? It would be really sad if that won't work due to the pyhirric battle cruisers :( we spent already several hours into that save game

    Best regards

    submitted by /u/Waffeleisen666
    [link] [comments]

    Ornaments

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Ornaments

    Do I need to pay for these ornaments or can I get free playing?

    I have the deluxe edition with S1 pass.

    https://club.ubisoft.com/game/anno-1800/PC/rewards/

    submitted by /u/russofolk
    [link] [comments]

    Without “items” and over 5k pop tier (40% RT) canned food and sewing machines lose money?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    So I just started playing 1800 and love to dig into the mechanics of a game. It seems that even on the highest income settings, canned food and sewing machines will always lose you money. The more chains you have, the more money you will lose. Electricity only makes sewing machines profitable and canned food remains as a loss. This is of course assuming over 5k people of artisan tier which incurs a 40% royal tax.

    I pulled numbers from the wiki which says canned is 1:1.03 and sewing is 1:1.59. This doesn't include "shared" costs for warehouses and such either.

    1.03x.6 = .62 (canned) 1.4x.6 = .84 (canned + electric) 1.59x.6 = .95 (sewing) 2.92x.6 = 1.75 (sewing + electric)

    So if you have 1 canned food chain (2650 maint) and only get .62 return on the dollar, that means you make 1643 back. A loss of 1007. So if one chain provides enough for 11700 artisans we have "perfect" supply/demand and thus can conclude that to provide canned food at the lowest Inefficiency.. it costs 1007 gold per tick to provide canned food, at highest income settings (assumed pop is <~5k for the 40% tax)

    Aside from working conditions and items, the core chain is basically a complete eco drain?

    submitted by /u/jruggiefresh1
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 low performance without any bottlenecking, also weird CPU usage?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I recently picked up Anno 1800 on sale, and I'm trying to get the performance settings dialed in. However, there's some... weirdness going on.

    Here's a test I did, just sitting completely idle looking at my little starter town. You can see that GPU usage is pegged around 88%, and CPU usage is low, but weird. On the task manager window on the right, you can see that the first four logical cores are having weird spikiness in their activity, but are also never maxing out. Meanwhile I'm getting ~116 FPS using High-ish custom settings, yet this Guru3D benchmark article says I should be able to manage 100+ fps at the Very High preset. Yet with the Very High preset enabled, I'm not even able to break 80fps. The GPU usage goes up to near-maxed, but CPU usage is still weirdly spiky and nowhere near maxed.

    Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? My full specs are below.

    CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
    GPU - GTX 1080 TI with current driver (445.75)
    Mobo - ASUS Prime X570-P
    RAM - 32gb (2x16) DDR4@3600
    OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit (build 1909)
    Storage - Windows & Anno are on a Samsung 970 Evo NVME SSD
    Monitor(s) - Dell S2719DGF (1440p/144hz/GSync, not currently overclocked to 155hz) with 2 BenQ GL2460 1080p/60hz monitors as well.

    submitted by /u/Phate4219
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys deal with sickness?

    Posted: 06 Apr 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    I haven't gone full throttle on the town hall items yet and I was curious if any of you ever like to build your cities without any hospitals? I'm not sure if there are enough good town hall items to completely negate the health risk, but together with lax working conditions it should be quite doable, I think?

    Sometimes those big clunky hospitals just ruin my wonderful cityscape. :(

    submitted by /u/trollkorv
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment