• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 8, 2020

    Anno I've build a Pallace

    Anno I've build a Pallace


    I've build a Pallace

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 04:35 AM PDT

    I feel like we don't give Anno 2205 enough credit for how beautiful it is. I recently replayed older Annos thinking that it won't make much difference since I need to play 1800 in the lowest settings but I gotta say, besides remembering 1404 as beautiful, the graphics made a giant leap with 2205

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    After 250 hours in my campaign game and a thriving empire, hearing Anno 1404's theme being played inside the walls of my palace almost got a tear to my eye

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Suggestion for Anno 1800 late game content

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Something which I feel this game severely lacks is late game content, and I think there is a lot of potential.

    I would love to see late game events added to this game. This could be an option which would appear once a certain number of Investors has been reached. Off the top of my head, I would think around the 100,000 investor mark. Once hit, an option will appear on the screen (similar to how new DLC's option appears on existing games once purchased) to enable 'Late Game Events'. If the player says no, the option will appear again at the 200,000 Investor mark, and again at the 300,000 investor mark.

    Events can include periodic occurrences. Every 30 to 60 minutes from the end of the previous event, a notification will appear that an event is available. If the player accepts it, the player is then informed what the event is.

    Ideas for events:

    Invasion! - An enemy fleet has been spotted on the horizon! It appears to be heading for [name of island]! Assemble your Navy and prepare!

    Pretty simple idea. One of your islands in the Old World/New World/Cape becomes the target of a random Anno 1800 AI's large fleet which will appear on the edge of the map in 15 minutes. The fleets can vary in size, but can for example consist of a mixture of 6 to 10 Battlecruisers, 8 to 12 SOTL, 10 to 20 Frigates. They appear on the edge of the map closest to the island they targeting and proceed to either siege the island or engage the player's fleet (targeting player fleet will of course be the AI's priority). The player must assemble his navy to defend the island. If the island falls, the buildings remain as they are however the player no longer receives anything from that island (no goods, no income, no workforce). The AI ships remain to guard the island whilst the player must then destroy the AI fleet and retake the island. Once the enemy ships are destroyed and any lost island is retaken, the event is over.

    Rewards for this event can include the chance for legendary drops from destroyed AI ships.

    War Effort - The Queen requires equipment and material for ongoing war efforts in distant lands, she needs you to assist!

    Again fairly simple, just a delivery quest. 3 Royal SOTL's appear on the edge of the Old World or Cape map. They require you to deliver to them war materials and equipment. You have 30 minutes to gather;

    12 Clippers full of : [random selection of]

    400-800 Weapons (2 to 4 clippers full)

    200-400 Advanced Weapons (1 to 2 clipper full)

    400-1000 Wood (2 to 5 clippers full)

    200-400 Steam Motors (1 to 2 clippers full)

    400-600 Dynamite (2 to 3 clippers full)

    400-800 Steel (2 to 4 clippers full)

    400-800 Sails (2 to 4 clippers full)

    400-600 Brass (2 to 3 clippers full)

    Once all clippers full of material are within range of the 3 Royal SOTL's, an option to hand it over appears. All clippers with the material within then sail off the map with the 3 Royal SOTL's, and in return they drop rewards in the water for the player to collect, consisting of possible legendary drops.

    Stormy Weather - A storm has been spotted on the horizon. Protect your ships and look out for storm damage!

    A bit more complicated. An area of the Old World/New World/Cape map becomes shaded to warn the player of the area which the storm's damage will pass through. The player has 15 minutes to re-route trade routes to avoid the area before the storm arrives, or pause the routes and move the ships to safety. Once it arrives the storm passes through the map, with damage occurring only in the shaded area. In total the storm only lasts 5 minutes, but any ships within the shaded area as the storm moves through will receive damage over time. Any airships which move into the shaded area are destroyed almost immediately. Meanwhile any buildings in the shaded area risk lightning strikes, which will start fires and require the player to have to manage the emergency services. Once the storm passes, the grateful Sea Captains will thank the player for protecting their ships but gifting the player items at his home island, with again the possibility of legendary items.

    Siege the Dictator! - The queen requires you to destroy her enemy! Send your fleet to the location and begin your attack!

    Again, a bit more complicated. A new temporary 'region' appears for ships to travel to. In this new region is lots of small unsettle-able islands (similar to what's surrounding the pirate bases), with lots and lots of gun emplacements. Cannon Towers, Big Bettys, and 2 or 3 roaming small fleets of Battlecruisers which will be alerted to your arrival. In the middle of the map is the Dictator in his Extravaganza Steamer guarded by 2 heavy hitting Pyrphorian Battlecruisers. The player has 30 minutes from accepting the event to battle his way towards the Dictator, destroying any gun emplacements and enemy ships he needs to, to sink the Dictator. Once the Dictator is sunk, he is collected from the water and returned to the Old World, where a Royal SOTL is waiting to hand in the event. The event cannot be handed in until all player ships have left the new region. Once the event is completed, the region disappears and the event is complete. Once again, the Royal SOTL will drop rewards into the water for the player to collect, with the possibility of legendary drops. Any ships travelling to or from the region when the event gets handed in will automatically return to the Old World.

    Anyway, that's a couple of late game events that I was thinking of. I'm sure others can think of more. I think it would be really neat to enable these things and allow the players to stay engaged late game when there's not really a lot left to do.

    Thanks guys, I really hope you think about these. Would be happy to see what other things people are thinking of.

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/cjnewson88
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown Crash to desktop since a few days

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Hi, I've recently started a new game, and it all went swimmingly up until the last few days. my game crashes to desktop real hard, with no error message (like the 'Present Failed' problem I sometimes have when I idle the game for too long), just the animation halting for a couple of milliseconds and then blam Windows desktop. Anyone else have this ? This happened when I was rolling for items at Old Nate's, and when I was switching the session to Cape Trelawney. I just got to Investors (on Crown Falls) and haven't started the Arctic session yet. I have the Palace DLC. I recently ran windows update that seemed to have updated .Net Framework. Apart from that, I don't seem to recall any real changes. Is there some way to review a crash log somewhere?

    submitted by /u/Mday89
    [link] [comments]

    Palais De Museum

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    Playing the campaign for the first time and my city caught a fire while in photographing mode for this quest

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Question about game performance.

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    I have a hard time achieving over 60 fps with this game, although that is max settings, I get close to 200 fps in other games, that i feel are more graphic intensive. Such as COD, Division 2, Star wars battlefront 2 etc.

    SPECS:

    CPU: i9 7900x

    GPU: RTX 2080TI

    RAM: 64Gb DDR4 3000Mhz

    Storage: WD Black SN750 1Tb M.2 NVME

    MOBO: STRIX X299-XE Gaming

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mikeclev7
    [link] [comments]

    Shipyards hard at work

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Anno ????

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Do we already know something about a new Anno?

    submitted by /u/rapataux
    [link] [comments]

    Cross Region Production

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    How do you figure out how much you need in other regions for production chains? Can you just follow the production chain guide on the wiki? How do you account for travel time? Do you just double the need? Triple?

    submitted by /u/tomkc518
    [link] [comments]

    Is the co-op mode fun of anno 1800?

    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 02:55 AM PDT

    We are thinking about buying the game so we can play together, but I'm not sure about the multiplayer option. I've seen that you play as the same company but I don't even know what that means. Previously experienced with Anno 1404 and it didn't have companies.

    EDIT Thanks for all yhe replies, it sounds amazing so we went ahead and bought 2 copies, since it's 50% off on uplay now.

    submitted by /u/LupusX
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, it would be so nice to have a football and cricket pitch for our workers and engineers ! It would be like the tournament arena in anno 1404. I don’t know how easily it could be modded ...

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Attractiveness of 63k+ in Crown Falls

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Anyone remember Anno 1701 for the Nintendo DS?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    I got this game a while back for my Nintendo DS and it was my first introduction to the Anno series. I would like to know if anyone else was nostalgic for this game.

    submitted by /u/Redditor_2017
    [link] [comments]

    How to save 250k and hours of work

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    I am new to Anno with 1800 being my first venture into the series. And this is one of my first times using mods. A word of caution before you waste over 250k as I did.

    So, I downloaded some Mods. Specifically Harborlife and related ones(extended range, ability to build housing, and social service buildings on the water) With this comes the "pier" build at a whopping $30 per square.

    I erroneously thought you had to place a pier foundation first for you to then lay the houses, fire dept, police, on the water. So I laid out a huge pier foundation on nearly every island for the 30$ per square before placing any buildings. This would range in cost from 40k to 70k on various islands. Meanwhile a 3x3 house costs only 2 wood and supports itself on the water, and the pier build is to act as a dirt road does on land.

    Once I finished all of the piers, I set about building buildings. As I was about to finish I realized the mistake that I had made... I almost screamed, but it was nearly 2 AM... I was fuming. I couldn't load an old save because the work stretched over hours.

    I hope you find this as funny as I do now. Hopefully I am not the first to make this mistake, but maybe the last.

    submitted by /u/IamProv
    [link] [comments]

    max residents vs. workforce in townhall items

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    The former increases the number of people in the residence, while the latter buffs the workforce while number of people is unchanged. What's the practical difference?

    submitted by /u/verbotenh
    [link] [comments]

    How do I prevent shares of an island from being listed for sale?

    Posted: 07 Apr 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I keep getting notified that an NPC has bought a share of an island, but I'm not trying to sell any, so I keep having to find the island and buy the share back. How do I stop this from happening?

    submitted by /u/CastelRavello
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment