• Breaking News

    Friday, May 1, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – May 01, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – May 01, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – May 01, 2020

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Such a beautiful Island - Credit goes to AnnoNymous123534

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    What new Wonders would you like to see?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    Let's say for a minute that BB announced another DLC that adds new wonders.

    In terms of unique buildings, we already have the World's Fair and Palace. But what else could we make, something grandiose and with a logical purpose?

    Here's some ideas, feel free to post your own:

    -Cathedral. Pretty obvious callback to 1404, could provide happiness that a church does but in a huge radius, to the point a non-Crown Falls island probably wouldnt need a church anywhere else. This would also greatly increase island attractiveness

    -Wardenclyffe Tower: Tesla's idea for a radio tower, essentially. But it would be fun to revise the idea a bit for a game and let you be able to switch between a couple options. 1) Let it beam out "information", which could do things like lower global loading time for trading routes, generate more attraction for your island, or speed up the building of large scale projects 2) Let it beam out energy, like a larger power plant, possible "wirelessly" to multiple islands in the region.

    -White Star Line ocean liner: some early 1900s ocean liner like the Titanic or the slightly more period accurate SS Great Eastern, you could have it set it out on "transatlantic voyage" expeditions that generate attractiveness for your overall company, or increase influence maybe?

    -Bell Rock Lighthouse. Hailed as one of the "Wonders of the Industrial Era", this is a special, larger lighthouse that player can build that gives a variety of bonuses to ships in nearby waters, including increased speed, cargo unload speed, and fire rate. The player should be able to build a normal lighthouse like the AI as well just to make this actually feel special. (I still find it strange the player can't build a lighthouse in the game currently without mods)

    submitted by /u/Sylamatek
    [link] [comments]

    Never figured out how modular those gardens were until my latest game ! I really underestimated them, they are truly delightful

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    A very early WIP, but I'm already so happy with out it turned out - Crown Falls Palace (heavily modded, sandbox)

    Posted: 01 May 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    A very early WIP, but I'm already so happy with out it turned out - Crown Falls Palace (heavily modded, sandbox)

    I originally didn't intend on posting the WIP, but... This one is on you u/Lethani_K haha

    500 farmers, but my future palace is already planned - how mad can a ruler become when he *spices* things up...

    Front gardens

    A WIP ornamental pond, which is gonna be filled with the pond-like botanical ornaments (lotuses, water lilies, etc.) . Also mazes ! That can be solved by the way ;)

    South-East wing

    North East wing

    Main Building

    South wing

    North wing

    Interior square for politicians to stroll and meditate. The thirteen statues on the central alley is what I called the \"tribute to the founder\".

    Western view (aka rear part), where you can see all the private gardens - the most beautiful in all the Empire they say...

    Citizen : \" In the back of the westernmost gardens, a quaint path fades into the wild... Where does it lead to ?\"

    \" It seems to head towards the great lake... \"

    \" ... it dives right into the dark forest surrounding this mythical area... Now I want to know what's out there... \"

    \"... A manor ! It must be the place where our leader goes to change his mind. Let's see what's in there... \"

    \"A nice little place to rest or contemplate the majestic lake. Even a platform over it - Maybe they dive from there ? Who knows.\"

    \"A little lumberjack's hut. People say our leader was a lumberjack back in his younger days. I guess it must distract him from those investor pigs to come here and chop some wood every once in a while. \"

    \"And finally, on the south tip of the lake, some small boats and a couple huts to house the equipment, just in case anyone wants to go fishing on the peaceful lake... Or meditate as far as possible from the noises of the city. What a beautiful place ! Maybe I'll come and say hi to our leader one of these days. \"

    Side note : Thank you so much all of the Anno modding community, especially the Spice It Up, MAUG, Harbor ornaments (I'll build my harbor soon I promise) and Nature ornaments teams. I'm having so much fun with your tools. Also it seems obvious but thanks you so much Blue Byte. I recently watched the credits, and Anno 1800 is now officially my favourite game of all time (screw you both 1404 and nostalgia). I'm so proud to be a part of this community. Love you all. That was a long side note. Sorry :D

    submitted by /u/Tonton_Ip
    [link] [comments]

    Max amount of money on 999,998,272

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    Max amount of money on 999,998,272

    I noticed the max amount of money you get is 999,998,272 (see the attached screenshot). So, why this 8,272 and not 999,999,999 like you would expect? (I know, those are the important things of life)

    https://preview.redd.it/49xeil6f35w41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=fc08edb40a791e529ffe9e29109342b24c7e4cdb

    submitted by /u/Baardaapje1
    [link] [comments]

    Just my CF city.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    I think we need more diversity for the building roofs, especially the engineer and investor residences.

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I believe that the game once you reach engineers becomes "much of the same" when you explore your islands. The game is more then awesome but every island looks almost the same once you reach the final tier of residents. I believe that we need more diversity in the way the buildings rooftops look. Maybe in the form of a button that let's you change the color of the rooftops.

    I believe this is a great idea and would make cities and islands much more unique since we already have all sort of ornaments.

    Another idea would be to make the buildings of different height. I do think that by adding a color change for the rooftops would be a simple task for the creators of the game, what do you think?

    submitted by /u/ecs27
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else here feel like they need to go to AA?

    Posted: 01 May 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    I've been looking at Anno 1800 for a while but I couldn't find it for under $60, so I hadn't played it till four days ago when I was offered a deal for Uplay+ at $7 for the first month. When the month is over, I will surely need to buy the full game and the DLC as well. I could not have imagined how much I would love this game. I got it 4 days ago and I already have about 24hrs on it. I've been doing almost nothing but playing anno and thinking about strategies when I'm not playing. This is surely the most addictive game I have ever played in my life. It is amazing. For you long time players, I have a few questions. Does it ever stop being so much fun? How's the multiplayer? I haven't even gotten the chance to try it yet. Also, I've been playing on normal. I have no idea what normal equates to in terms of the custom settings though. I know it's not the easiest, since I notices being put against medium difficulty AI like the pink lady in normal mode. Anyway, I have been spending so much time on this game, I need help. I need to start going to Anno Anonymous. Anyone feel the same way?

    submitted by /u/ltorras
    [link] [comments]

    Bugs Bugs bugs

    Posted: 01 May 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    UBISOFT YOU NEED TO FIX THESE ERRORS AND BUG AND GAME CRASHES.

    I HAVE AN HIGH END PC AND SINCE THE LAST UPDATES, NOTHING WORKS.

    I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING, BUT YOU DOING WRONG

    ANNO 1800 GOES BADER AND BADER EACH DAY EACH UPDATE. THAT'S CRAZY

    submitted by /u/lukre006
    [link] [comments]

    Lost expedition scrap spawning

    Posted: 01 May 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how the lost expedition scrap spawning works? When I had 2 airships patrolling over the fogged area I managed to get roughly 50 scrap in a matter of several minutes.

    Now however when I have about 20 ships clearing the fog and sitting still I get no scrap anywhere where they are. Same thing when I had 5 ships. Nothing to be found

    So my question is: Is there some additional condition like having utmost certain number of ships in the fogged area to have the scrap spawned?

    submitted by /u/thedelicatesnowflake
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800

    Posted: 01 May 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I was just wondering if somebody has a free key for Anno 1800 they don't need. 3 of my friends bought it to play with me but, I can't afford it due to corona. Bc I can't work I have basically no money and nothing else to do, and with my 1200 hours of Anno 1404 I have to move on a chapter.. I hope you guys understand that its really unpleasant for me to ask, but I don't know what to do and just hope, sb is kind enough to share a key with me they don't need. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Garnele-Mortler
    [link] [comments]

    Failed to synchronize cloud saves?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Guys I keep getting an error message whenever I try starting Anno 1800 that says "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" I tried reinstalling but didn't work, it works when I turn off cloud save but it won't show my saved games. Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks

    submitted by /u/smolflof
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment