• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Anno Built a giant hedge maze! (regular hedge maze on the right for scale)

    Anno Built a giant hedge maze! (regular hedge maze on the right for scale)


    Built a giant hedge maze! (regular hedge maze on the right for scale)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    Adding speed items to your clipper/schooner be like

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    Hooked!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I started playing Anno 1602 and I'v been hooked to both the series and the genre. I got to the point where I started conquering other islands and monopolising the map. I'm so glad I'm able to play such a great game and experience what is now my favorite genre.

    submitted by /u/KittyWhisperer29
    [link] [comments]

    I love taking such pictures.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    AI (lack of) Defenses

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I destroyed Miss Hunt 2nd isle, which was quite developed (almost as much as the first) with a moderately sized fleet, only because it was weakly defended. It has only one gun and one light battery, that's a total of 15 guns in investment. In the meantime, she probably produced like 15 Ship of the lines (2/3 sunk now).

    That's not very optimal, even spending say 30-40 guns, so a bit more than one SOL worth of guns, for an island generating almost half its economy would have deterred considerably.

    Is this contextual to my game? Does the AI sometime add more defenses to its main islands? Is that a weak point of them? Is Hunt a special case where she prefers investing in navy?

    Sadly I have seen no mod improving the AI ...

    submitted by /u/PocusFR
    [link] [comments]

    Taking out the competition

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    When do you decide to take out the competition in the game? Right now it is basically Betty and I left in the world, give or take a few tiny islands that non-aggressive npcs have been forced to work with. I have Battle Cruisers building but Betty has 498 in Military and I have 380. Any Strategies I should adopt. Also, I ran out of Influence points which is dumb so I can not build any more cruisers to catch up.

    EDit: Also when do you kill off the NPCs? I have gotten to ST before I started killing the weaker ones off.

    submitted by /u/Cpt_Awesome_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Trade +- feature

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Waddup!

    So, I looked on this sub that last year you could shift+click onto an item so on the trade route feature to make your ship pick up until certain amount of that item is still remaining on your main warehouse. I tried to do that today and it didn't worked, did they remove this feature?

    submitted by /u/Dycelot
    [link] [comments]

    I want something i can spend millions on

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Anno 1800 at the end i want something i can spend millions of coins on. I love trading but I've maxed out my money and so trading is actually giving stuff away!

    My idea would be a grand university. The likes of oxford or cambridge. You can spend a fortune on research.

    It might be like the expo, but much more costly and targeted, so you can research and build prototype items.

    I know this is very similar/ identical to 2070. But it was great in 2070.

    What would you like to spend millions on?

    submitted by /u/Ricardo440440
    [link] [comments]

    Population numbers vs workforce required + splitting production chains on different island based on poulation tiers

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Population numbers vs workforce required + splitting production chains on different island based on poulation tiers

    Hi, I'm new to the game and got the story point where I need to build up the house of justice for the trial of the uncle.

    My situation so far is this

    https://preview.redd.it/e0wehi9wd2651.png?width=1070&format=png&auto=webp&s=ea473d0785562934096fc0c6000780ac9f7e08d5

    And my income is constantly going up and down from positive to negative and viceversa because I'm still figuring out the right quantities of goods to move from each island with trade routes.... and more usual than not I run out of something which in turns cause negative income, newspaper adding 10% item consumption and so on

    I'm using the calculator from the image above to figure out the numbers of building for each production

    For example, do you agree that I have FAR MORE farmers and workers than I need (i.e. I have 3200 farmers but actual required workforce is much less at 2800)? Should I just remove the houses since these people are basically only consuming goods, providing little income and are not working? What I'm saying is that the income they provide doesn't cover at all the item consumption they do. Same goes for workers.

    Maybe artisan numbers are ok since I should upgrade part of them to engineers which pay more.

    My strategy now is to have the main island (the only one with engineers and artisans) producing mostly high tier goods (having powered factories and all), while using the other island to produce lower end goods (beer, bread, clothes, etc). I have a commuter pier which allows to share workforce but my main island still has lots of farmers and workers, so I need to have basic goods both there and on the other islands where most of the famers and workers are (using trade routes). The problem is having to constantly checking the warehouses because if some of those goods run out, the economic impact is immediate.

    TLDR:

    1.what should be the balance between actual population numbers and workforce?

    1. is splitting production and population tiers on different island a good strategy or not?
    submitted by /u/arkantos91
    [link] [comments]

    Headless woman on the right in the World Fair loading screen?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    Why does it always add up to 9

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    So each game... well the numbers add up to 9...

    1+4+4+0 = 9

    1+8+0+0 = 9

    You get the idea, I don't need to do the rest.. trust me, they are 9's ....
    Does anyone know WHY? It's kinda driving me a bit batty...

    submitted by /u/sjgold
    [link] [comments]

    Fuel station doesn't deliver fuel even tho it's needed

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    More details on the anno 1800 boardgame

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    Found it on the BGG forum: poster is Stephen Hurn. (Game is supposed to release fall 2020)

    https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2447331/more-details-about-anno-1800

    "I'd like to share a few more thoughts about the Anno 1800 prototypes I've played and my role in the development of the board game.

    Tonight I played a three player game of Anno 1800 with Martin and my wife. Martin and I had played before by my wife had not. She also had no experience with the Anno 1800 video game. The entire game took 2h 45 minutes to play, with the caveat that we had a teething baby who interrupted us quite a bit during the first 45 minutes.

    The core of Anno 1800 is your hand of demand cards. The game ends when one player exhausts their hand. Demand cards represent the desires and needs of your population. One might require you to produce sausages and workers clothes, another might require you to produce steam carriages, cigars and schnapps. Some of these demand cards are pirates, which can only be gotten rid of through naval strength. You start with a number of these cards in your hand and get more whenever you grow your population.

    To meet the demand on your cards you will either need to build and man the buildings that produce the goods you require or you will need to trade for them (or build warships in the case of pirates). There's a ton of buildings in the game and they can only be manned by the worker of the appropriate social class, similarly to the video game.

    The first major point to note is that new players will be overwhelmed by the huge number of buildings in the game. Your first game of Anno 1800 will be hard. It will probably feel like a slog for the first half or three quarters of the game. The best way to approach it is to make a decision and don't worry about making a mistake (make sure new players understand this).

    The reason for this is that you feel like some of your demand cards are very far away from being fulfilled. You will look at the steam carriage requirement, realise that it needs steam engines, which require brass and an investor. Brass requires other resources and an investor requires five different resources to get and it'll feel like you will never get there.

    However, you keep plugging away at it and realise that your opponent has just built a fur coat factory, which is what you need to upgrade one of your engineers to an investor, which you trade for and do. Your other opponent has built steam engines and so you trade with them to get that and all of a sudden you have your steam carriages. You built them and can now fulfill that demand card you once thought was so far away. Furthermore, your opponents all trade with you for them. The game very quickly pivots from everything being too difficult to get to everything being available as players madly sprint towards the finish line.

    This leads me to my second point. Anno 1800 has one of the most exciting finishes of any game I've played. I can't stress enough how incredibly fast paced the game feels in the last few rounds. For all the meandering through long building prerequisite trees you do in the early and mid game, the end game feels liked you're flying downhill on a go kart with no brakes. You don't even win the game by going out first (though you do get a bonus few points) but the design of the game makes you feel a sweet thrill as you near the finish line. What was once impossible has now been accomplished. What looked like a mountainous task now feels within reach. But can you get there before your opponents?

    Martin is living in Australia now, Ubisoft and Kosmos are both centred in Europe. So when Martin first began development on Anno he hired me to act as a local Anno video game advocate. I was tasked to ensure that the board game hit as many of the aspects of the video game as possible. In that regard I really think the board game is a success. Mechanically a board and video games are very different and some things that work in one don't translate well to the other. The Anno video game is a cross between a city builder and a real time strategy. You are constantly being pulled in a number of different directions as you focus on expanding your islands, waging war, fighting pirates, solving problems on your expeditions, putting down worker riots and literally fighting fires. The Anno board game takes the core experience of this and distills it down to a couple of hours.

    As I said earlier, there is a ton of buildings in Anno. You want to build them all but you absolutely cannot. Because just like in the video game, you end up running out of space. So you settle more islands and expand all over them too. Then you realise you need cotton or cocoa which are only available in the new world, so you send an expedition there to try and find some. You send off another expedition to recover animals and artifacts for your zoo and museum.

    By the end of the game you look over your islands with a sense of accomplishment, satisfaction and in some cases a few regrets. Maybe you shouldn't have built that spectacles factory that you only used once. That glass factory though was a huge hit that everyone else used all game. Why did you leave the potato farm there all game instead of building over it when you really needed the space? Anno really nails the city building aspect. You get enough space to work with but it's tight enough that you need to make difficult decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of.

    To me the board game that Anno feels most like is A Feast For Odin. Mechanically the two are worlds apart but as a player I feel as though they feel similar. There's no tetrising in Anno, but the building dependency tree feels just as complex albeit in a different way. There's no competition for worker spots in Anno, but there's competition for the buildings to place workers in (there aren't enough buildings of each type to go around). Where the games feel the most similar is in the learning curve. I didn't like A Feast For Odin at first - I didn't really understand it. But as I played it more and read some basic strategies the game really opened up and became one of my favorites. I feel like many people will have the same experience with Anno.

    Anno is not a game for everybody. It's not an easy game. The rules are simple but the gameplay is demanding. As difficult as it is, it is equally as rewarding. If you like medium or medium heavy games you might like Anno.

    Personally I love Anno. Martin has done a brilliant job with it.

    PS Martin assured me that there will be a solo mode."

    submitted by /u/Odysseus1987
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of propaganda penalties?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    It seems I have abused a bit of propaganda, but the bonus are so juicy ... Should I stop entirely? Will my penalty disappears? If not, I'm kinda doomed!

    submitted by /u/PocusFR
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about selling fried plantains in Anno 1800

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    1.) Are they still the best item to sell?(I know recent patch changed things)

    2.) Where/How is the best place to sell them?

    3.) Is there any other items I should be looking to sell?

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment