• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 29, 2020

    Anno Cool map of Sydney in Australia in the 1800s

    Anno Cool map of Sydney in Australia in the 1800s


    Cool map of Sydney in Australia in the 1800s

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Redesigning Crown Falls

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    Redesigning Crown Falls

    While waiting for my new computer to arrive, I'm redesigning my Crown Falls in Anno Designer. Here's the start.

    I'm obviously using some decorative mods. The coastline at the bottom will house my trade post, harbour storage, oil harbour etc. Right above is the big Central Station. As it is in most cities I know, the area in front of the station is quite nice (here I have with a big square and a boulevard leading up to the World Fair), while the area at the backside is often dodgy (here it will be filled up with some industry, warehouses and maybe a couple of workers' houses).

    The coastline in the East will have the tourist pier, the commuter's pier, and some fisheries and/or sand mines on the far North of the beach. I chose to have one of the palace façades looking over the coast, there will be a grand promenade and parks in front of it, or maybe the fun fair when that comes out this Summer. It made me think slightly of the Royal Palace in Stockholm, which also overlooks quays at the waterfront from its back façade. I think I might have left too much space there though... I'll possibly move the palace to the right a bit.

    All the way North of the main plateau, I pre-set some space for the oldest part of town, with the Town Hall and St Thomas' Cathedral (named after me, patron saint of this city *wink wink*).

    The small islands bottom left will be housing areas for workers and artisans. The main area of the island will have mostly engineers and investors. The small island with the coastline will have some industry too.

    I'm still thinking about the best place to put my museum, zoo and botanical garden. Being a bit autistic, I want all collections to be used, and I don't want to split them up in several zoos or museums. The downside is that it will take up a lot of space...

    The area next to the castle ruins, will be used for mines and some farms, maybe some farmer's houses too.

    Any additional ideas, remarks, coments,... are very welcome!
    Does anyone know if the Land of Lions DLC will bring a substantional building, which I need to save space for? Luckily I bought Anno 1800 after Seat of Power was released. I can imagine the frustration to have built Crown Falls first, and having to fit in a large palace afterwards... I would like to avoid that :)

    first steps into Crown Falls

    submitted by /u/fluffytom82
    [link] [comments]

    (Anno 1800) Besides money, is there any other reason to raise the heating level in the Arctic?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    I can't see any other benefit. No happiness boost? and no extra people?

    submitted by /u/japinard
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody have a good cocoa layout?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    I'm managing to squeeze 24 farms into a traded union, but feel like more would be possible. Does anybody know a good layout?

    submitted by /u/StabilBruder
    [link] [comments]

    I have never played a game so much in such a short time. Here are my 9 gameplay tips for Anno 1800 gained through sweat and tears !

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    How do you structure your main island to look super nice?

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I see a lot of super nice structured cities on this subreddit, but how do you do it? Do you envision your island from the get go or do you replace some of the low tier production chains with houses overtime? Everytime I make my islands they seem to be a total mess compared to most of yours.

    submitted by /u/BonelessAvocadoBread
    [link] [comments]

    Anno1503 multiplayer

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I was very excited for the Anno 1503 history edition to play the multiplayer, but became very disapointed when i saw the MP selection menue. Just one endlessgame map? Really? Is it possible to drop like another map into the multiplayer files?

    submitted by /u/GermanBrocclie
    [link] [comments]

    Are older Anno games worth playing?

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I got into the series in 2011 with Anno 1404, which remains among my favorite games of all time. The gameplay loop, graphics and art design, music and overall presentation, are all first rate IMO. I enjoyed 2070 well enough but didn't connect with the futuristic setting. Sat out the other future titles until Anno 1800 with I got a few weeks ago and have been absolutely obsessed with. LOVE the scale and complexity of Anno and the huge number of things to do like expeditions and collecting special items and such.

    Thinking of going back and trying some of the original games. The History Editions with modern resolutions look awfully appealing. Particularly 1701 but also the pure retro vibes of 1602 appeals to me as well. Do they still hold up or will I get bored super quick?

    submitted by /u/bicameral_mind
    [link] [comments]

    Multiplayer Bug

    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    I just played with several friends in multiplayer. When one of my friends left the game, it seemed that the NPCs stopped playing. So they stopped cultivating their island or settled new islands. We also couldn't take over the islands. If we destroyed the port, we could not completely take over the island. Is this a known bug?

    submitted by /u/tandc627
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment