• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 30, 2020

    Anno 30,000 Annoholics!

    Anno 30,000 Annoholics!


    30,000 Annoholics!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:07 PM PST

    From less than 2,000 people here three years ago, there are now more than 30,000 Annoholics on this sub.

    Here's to another year of Anno and Season 3! 🎉

    submitted by /u/Jacobus21
    [link] [comments]

    We need a new world palace

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 01:47 AM PST

    [Anno 1800] Some screenshots of my main city, complete with palace which I only realized too late I'd built on a hill, so it's all wonky! Next time I'll make sure I find flat land for it :D

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:58 AM PST

    Scholars putting in the late hours to do my bidding

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:38 AM PST

    [Anno 1800] For those who have DLC but the ornaments remain locked, follow these steps to solve the problem. This is not an official fix from Ubisoft, but it has worked for myself and many others.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 04:31 AM PST

    It seems to be that lots of people are having problems, as I was, of having DLC for Anno 1800 but the ornaments still being locked. I found a solution posted on one of the Ubisoft forum pages that I followed and it worked so thought I'd post it here for visibility. This is not an official fix from Ubisoft, it was posted by someone on the Ubisoft forum, so all credit goes to them. It is a bit of a faff but it does mean you get to use your ornaments, so I think it's worth it! I've copied and pasted the post from the forum that includes examples for each step, to really make it clear. Good luck! (You do this at your own risk!)

    Steps:
    1. Download the last old Uplay installer from https://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/la...yInstaller.exe
    2. Install the contents in a different folder than Ubisoft Connect or current Uplay (or unzip with 7zip).
    - I created a new folder on C: named Ubisoft and installed the download in C:\Ubisoft
    3. Copy version.txt from the Ubisoft Connect folder (mine was still called Uplay) to the Uplay folder installed in step 2.
    - then copied version.txt, from old Ubisoft Connect (or Uplay) folder, and deleted 1st (for certainty)
    the one in the new Ubisoft Game Launcher and then pasted the "Version" there
    4. Disable your internet connection;
    5. Run Uplay.exe from the folder you made in step 2.
    6. Make sure 'Always start in offline mode' is unchecked in 'Settings';
    (it is by default, but check it to be sure)
    7. At the 'Try Again' / 'Run offline' screen, re-enable your internet connection;
    you have to reconnect at this point, not after the game has started
    8. Press 'Try Again' and login with your account;
    it should start as normal
    9. Start the game and you should start seeing club rewards notifications pop up in the next few minutes;
    10. Observe that the content is actually unlocked in your save or New Game;
    11. You can exit the game and delete the old Uplay launcher;
    - this is a must . The old shortcut has to be deleted !
    in my case I deleted form the Desktop the "Ubisoft Connect" shortcut
    12. Launch the game normally (through Ubisoft Connect) and enjoy your newly unlocked content!
    - Now I launch the game from the new shortcut which for me is "Ubisoft"

    I personally didn't bother with steps 11 and 12, and instead just use the old launcher which still works. Hope this is of some use!

    submitted by /u/AnubisUK
    [link] [comments]

    Scholar district and cemetery screens :)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Anno 1800 Season 3 confirmed (hope for Dreadnought and WWI warfare DLC)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 02:45 PM PST

    A few more photos of my city from requests. A few birds eye view so you can see the amount of ornaments put into the layout!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Need some help with the AI shipyard mod

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:51 AM PST

    I have started a new game with mods. One of these mods is AI shipyard. Now I am having a little trouble with it. The first ai I spawned in worked perfectly. (apart from the fact he settled in the new world and could do nothing.) the troubles began with the me spawning in another ai. I could not establish any contact through the diplomacy screen. So basically I have a ''ghost ai'' in my game. I cannot do anything with it.

    Does anyone have a solution to this?

    Update: I found a unique way to fix it. If you take over an island through buying it. You activate the ai on the diplomacy screen. If there is a better way to fix it, I wont mind hearing it.

    submitted by /u/CoconutBoycott
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Trouble with finding Sir John's Logbook

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:11 AM PST

    I do realise that this might be painfully obvious for a lot you, but unfortunately it wasn't for me and I would love to warn others

    When you pick up the stash after clearing the Sir John's camp, the game apparently attempts to spawn the logbook in the newest trade port in the Arctic, and not on the King William Island. Despite this, the quest marker still points to the King William Island, which lead to all sorts of confusion for me :)

    So for the record, if you are unable to find Sir John's Logbook, try checking all the other trade posts in the Arctic, before panicking (like me)

    submitted by /u/Drawec
    [link] [comments]

    Stuttering and Framedrops in Fullcreen Windowed mode - Anno 1404 History Edition

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:56 AM PST

    Hiya, just bought the History Collection on Uplay, having a great deal of fun. I am however running into a technical issue. When playing in Fullscreen Windowed more (which I prefer to use my second monitor easily) the game starts stuttering when moving the camera or placing objects even though in regular Fullscreen mode the game runs flawless.

    Does anyone have any idea how to deal with this issue?

    submitted by /u/JurrevandenHeuvel
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this still a thing? Islands getting added to my trade routes without me touching them. Needing to make a lot of ships to replace them...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:38 AM PST

    Expeditions to Enbesa

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:23 AM PST

    I still can't get over that we do not have expeditions to Enbesa to obtain the animals and artifacts from that region. Does anyone know if this is going to be an update in the future? It just seems very unrealistic to obtain African animals like hippos from the polar circle.

    submitted by /u/ReformedSlate
    [link] [comments]

    Just upgraded from 8gig ram to 16gig ram to speed things up. Anno 1800 ate the whole new stick. Is this normal?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 07:51 PM PST

    I was using 8gigs and it was slightly laggy so I throw in 8gig more and wondered what it would be using, turns out it used every last spare bit of ram. Has anyone played with 32gig?

    submitted by /u/gallenfed
    [link] [comments]

    Custom buidlings in Anno 1800?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2020 11:45 PM PST

    I've been play the game for 2 years and I got bored of some buildings. Now my quesrion is: Can you make custom buildings? If yes, how?

    submitted by /u/Stunning_Ad_4730
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment