• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Anno What do you mean, we have to wait longer than that?

    Anno What do you mean, we have to wait longer than that?


    What do you mean, we have to wait longer than that?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:08 AM PST

    [1800] How to avoid being overwhelmed? Priorities?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:51 AM PST

    Hi friends. I bought Anno 1800 complete edition during the sale and I'm having so much fun with it. However, as someone who has played a lot of tropico, I'm feeling overwhelmed in the later stages of the game because there's just so much to manage. There are too many islands in too many worlds with too many quests and expeditions. So I'd like to ask a few questions:

    1. What should I prioritize? Advancing to the next stage in one island, or improving all islands at the same time, or finishing big quests like the Sunken treasure DLC?
    2. If I don't explore a world, will the competitors settle there first?
    3. I read on wiki page that there are certain rewards such as buying gold bars or good pirate ships if I befriend pirates. However, it's very hard to do so. Is it worth it? I usually prefer to attack them instead. Their ships drop some rewards upon death and when I successfully beat their island, other competitors like me more.
    4. Is it worth it to become an alliance with a certain competitor? Once you become their alliance, their enemies are also your enemies. I was having a quite good relationship with a pirate before, then I had to fight him because my alliance has a bad relationship with him. The alliance gifts me a bit of money from time to time but hardly seems worth fighting a pirate (when you're not ready, that is).
    5. The pirates will return after we defeat them, right? But other competitors won't. Is it a common goal to defeat other competitors? Does it get "lonely" if you do so?

    Thank you very much. Wish you guys a happy gaming new year.

    submitted by /u/sunoflife_henry
    [link] [comments]

    Newspaper publishing frequency

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:47 AM PST

    "The newspaper is a new feature in the Anno series. A new issue of "Anno Chronicles" newspaper is announced every X minutes depending on the player progress (30 minutes for early and early-mid game, 45 minutes for mid game, 60 minutes for late-mid game and 90 minutes starting for late and end game)"

    This is still a bit unclear to me though, could someone help out?

    Specifically:

    1. What milestones/achievements define each stage/player progress?

    2. When does the "timer" start counting? After each publication or each time after I load a game session?

    submitted by /u/LengthinessSea622
    [link] [comments]

    Supply Math Exist?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:43 AM PST

    Hi all, been spending way too much time on this game and on my third play start I am finally figuring things out. My big thing I struggle with is what I am coining as 'Supply Math' or how much stuff Peeps need...

    Situation is this: Looking at exporting extra production from another island to main island to satisfy Need. I really like and utilize the 'Production' tab as it tells me 'how many' of X I have Producing and in Demand. This case, demand for Beer is X. How can I calculate how much beer should be going to my main island to meet demand without tinkering with Loads on ships? Is their a way to see how much is consumed?

    I must be missing a tab or something in game on this metric because I would imagine this being more intricate than just sending a butt ton of beer to the main island and overloading the depots...

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Oatmeal15
    [link] [comments]

    You saw Santa? I had TWO of them

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:21 AM PST

    Hi guys i just bought season 1 pass from epic games, it shows that i own it, but i havent received a key code, pls help

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:14 AM PST

    Does every player need to own the city lights, holiday or amusements packs to use them?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:18 AM PST

    I want to buy them to use in my games, but I suspect my friends will have to own them too for me to be able to host a game with them as they do with actual expansions. Can someone clear it up for me because I can't seem to find an answer, thank you.

    submitted by /u/DesolateEden
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to blockade an enemy AI into economic ruin?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:13 PM PST

    TL;DR: I blockaded Beryl to weaken her economically. Are some of her resources infinite? Are NPCs possible to weaken this way?

    As the title says. I'm at war with Beryl, she's on her last island and there's no way I'd be able to defeat her with the SOTLs that I have. Instead I've decided to blockade Berly's port and destroy as many clippers, cargo ships and any other transport vessel to essentially starve her out.

    The other islands that I pushed her off of had almost all her farmers on. She has practically no farmers left (save maybe 200 on her last island). My thinking is that with such little farming going on, her schnapps distilleries will fail, her wheat farms will fail, her hop farms will fail, as will the tanning huts, as will the fisheries and the wool buildings.

    As her island is practically full of artisan and investor buildings, will their needs fail to be met, causing economic ruin? It seems like she just has infinite money and influence and constantly replaces all the ships i shoot down.

    Am I wasting my time here?

    Edit: while writing this I noticed that she hasn't built a single SOTL in ages, and she seems to be having less and less ships arrive in port. Maybe it working?

    submitted by /u/TartanGiraffe
    [link] [comments]

    How does the palace work?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:57 AM PST

    Thinking of getting that DLC but I read the palace requires attractiveness. Is that local and or global? Cos I'm playing with super small islands and sunken treasure disabled right now(everytime I had it I just migrate and completely abandon the old world asap), I have a pop island and a seperate attraction tourism island. Will the palace be of any use?

    submitted by /u/Mountain-of-Snow
    [link] [comments]

    Sunken Treasures

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:27 PM PST

    Hi everyone,
    I just got the game and it has been a blast! I am 50 hours in the game despite getting it last week. However, I just realized that I lost my island to the AI in Cape Trelawney and lost my Sunken Treasures quest. Is there a way I can get the quest line back up?
    I also realized that I lost the island 20 hours in the game so it would be very demoralizing to return, I'd rather start a sad new game.

    submitted by /u/InternationalPointer
    [link] [comments]

    Jean La Fortune Ships Stuck Behind My Island

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:33 PM PST

    Jean La Fortune Ships Stuck Behind My Island

    I defeated Jean La Fortune some time ago. But now when his ships respawn to rebuild his island they sail behind one of my islands (Luyuza) and get stuck. I have tried adding defenses, ships and a harbor in that area, but they keep getting stuck. Has anyone seen this bug?

    https://preview.redd.it/wcgxzxdqn7961.jpg?width=1400&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=64bb01b1ce5c8e7ab539ce41e7d458f2199d3275

    submitted by /u/WazigGeval
    [link] [comments]

    Is DLC save game compatible?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:42 PM PST

    Just out of interest. Have past DLC been playable on existing saves or was a new game required to access the content? I realise it's a little ways off yet but I'm quite invested in my current game and it would be ideal if I didn't start over to access the content when season 3 is released.

    submitted by /u/KillTheKeyboard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment