• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 15, 2021

    Anno Pure stress

    Anno Pure stress


    Pure stress

    Posted: 15 May 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    Slow mode comes with the Game Update 11

    Posted: 15 May 2021 03:05 AM PDT

    Anno's German shared a video of long requested slow mode. Thanks devs!

    https://twitter.com/ANNO\_DE/status/1393506723768459266?s=20

    submitted by /u/eballack
    [link] [comments]

    The Museums. Complete sets. No Mods. No docklands/season 3/ubisoft decors. > Some botanical gardens wasn't posted in my previous post, My Botanical Gardens. :D .

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Unpopular, but honest opinion: not a fan of Anno 1800's direction

    Posted: 15 May 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Introduction

    First, I want to say that I am a big fan of old Anno games. Spent a lot of hours playing them, especially hunting achievements in Anno 1404: Venice. Second most played game was probably Anno 2070. This is important because these games formed my expectations of Anno experience.

    Second, I am not that good at optimizing and am much more at home with beauty-building. However, I have always respected optimization and logistics challenge the game presented. Especially at hard difficulties. It made me challenge myself and get better at management, number-crunching, planning etc. As long as my city did not look ugly of course.

    Third, I did not play Anno 2207 because I neither had the time, nor was I interested in the game itself. The reviews made a clear impression that it was an experiment. The gameplay was simplified, maps were static, warfare was weirdly implemented etc. It looked way too casual compared to classic Anno experience. When Anno 1800 promised to bring challenge back, I was very glad and bought the game.

    Fourth, I actually did enjoy Anno 1800 on release. It did have that old Anno feel and it was pleasant to play. The game is beautiful, logistics were complicated, optimization mattered, worforce was an amazing addition, beauty-building had actual gameplay meaning, diplomacy and economic competition were reasonably challenging. Some design choices I disagreed with, both in terms of narrative and gameplay. As far as narrative goes: lack of grand quests and monuments, 19th century as some sort of fantasy land, general reluctance to deal with the period, lack of neutral NPCs, lack of depth to existing NPCs and opponents. In terms of gameplay: items are way too unbalanced, new population levels don't require old goods and public buildings (makes things way too easy), AI's cheating is too obvious, their expansion speed is too fast, naval combat is too complicated for AI to deal with.

    Direction

    I was interested in how DLCs would improve on the negatives. But sadly I am not quite impressed with the direction of the expansions, particularly the third season.

    The main problem for me is that Anno 1800 continues to drift away from simulation of reality, let alone economy, let alone of 19th century, into a dream of utopian 1920's city.

    DLCs add more and more things to beauty-build or more population to feed, this requires more and more space and resources, this puts a strain on existing resource base, this requires more easily accessible resources, this leads to addition of easier and convenient optimization tools, removing challenge from the game more and more. Don't get me wrong, I like most DLC's and ideas behind them, but I don't like the disruption of the balance.

    Season three is doubling down on the problems I mentioned. After watching a lot of reviews, it is clear that Docklands cancelled most of the challenge that remained in the game and the Tourist Season paints a completely unbelievable picture of Europe at the time. It is like 19th century was all about wide white roads of gold, fountains, red baloons flying everywhere, cheerful citizens, friendly vendors, flowers and now rich tourists who can't wait to spend money early 21st century style.

    As a result I am not sure I want to buy a season pass. Skyscrapers are also outside the time period I want to see and basically add nothing for me since all additional gameplay challenges of high population could be easily solved.

    Conclusion

    I know that I would be in minority here. There are many people who just want a relaxing sandbox experience of building in peace in a colorful cheerful gameworld. And this is a much more lucrative and larger audience than competitive, challenge-oriented players, so it is reasonable that this would remain a development path in the future.

    It is alright, really, but I wish me and people like me could receive something as well. Starting options where some features like Dockland imports are disabled? New challenging AI? New mechanics that make it harder to keep population happy and supplied? Even original ornament pack that would not be decided by voting, since most people will obviously continue voting for the utopian packs? Otherwise I am not sure I am interested in the new DLCs.

    submitted by /u/Tenton_Motto
    [link] [comments]

    The Journey. My Previous Capital City. Destroyed everything and remodeled it. More to come :> .

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Welcome to Porthaven, the workers district of my main island!

    Posted: 15 May 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    Note taking

    Posted: 15 May 2021 06:47 AM PDT

    At any given moment, there can be few things happening at the same time in the game. Add to that the fact that in real world, we sometimes need to pause or close the game, and one is doomed to forget eventually some development, incident or thought.

    The devs haven't. So has anyone else developed a mod or other app where one can jot down notes, thoughts or ideas during the game?

    submitted by /u/max-power14
    [link] [comments]

    First minutes in Enbesa, and this whole fleet comes to destroy my single ship - Why?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 05:34 AM PDT

    Crown Falls docklands have permanent siege mode flags above them. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    I haven't been able to find an answer googling so I'm asking here! My island has those flags that pop up when it gets attacked permanently up. They really ruin the aesthetic of my harbor area so I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with this and how to fix it.

    submitted by /u/ayasebunny
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get scraps? I can't dive without buying a diving bell using scrap, which I don't have?!

    Posted: 15 May 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    Productionratio Anno 1701

    Posted: 15 May 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Can anybody please explain what's the perfect productionchain ratio?

    Like how many Mills do I need per Grainfield and how many Bakeries per Mill? How many Butchers per Cowfarm etc etc? I'm thankfull for any help!

    submitted by /u/RudeGents
    [link] [comments]

    Finance question

    Posted: 15 May 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    Hello, loving the game, but i'm very confused about how finances work. When I go into finance tab, it shows that my expenses across all islands is 22k. However as I accumulate money , whenever my balance gets to around 60k, it then drops to under 10k! Where is this 50k expense coming from, because that number isn't matching up with what i see in finances tab?

    submitted by /u/celeb0rn
    [link] [comments]

    Salvaging OP

    Posted: 15 May 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    Should i wait the tourist exp to play a new game or continue my old game for making ready for tourists buildings? New game will bring new items ?

    Posted: 15 May 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    How does sync work with co-op online games?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    Hi there, just started an online co-op game with my gf. So we began our islands and everything is fine, but at some point I saved and exited and she continued.

    My understanding is that the game will somehow use a mechanism to re-sync us at some point. In our first try ever, I left once, returned, and we could never see what the other's island was doing. Is there just some "points" where the update happens and we see the updated island from the other person?

    We basically just want to build together and enjoy the game while being apart physically. I am just confused a bit on the save system, how the game syncs it all up, how to properly load into the game together in real-time, etc.

    Also - any tips for better performance online? Just turn down GFX?

    Cheers mates.

    submitted by /u/superfuels
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking the salvager from Old Nate?

    Posted: 14 May 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Maybe I'm completely missing something, but how do I get the salvage ship in Cape? I've gone there but I don't really want to settle the big island at this point (costs too much influence, and I want to focus on the Old World). So I just left the quest at "go to the Queen's ship to pick up supplies". Is this preventing me from getting the salvager, or is Old Nate just bugged?

    submitted by /u/Whiphid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment