• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Anno DevBlog Anno 1503 History Edition

    Anno DevBlog Anno 1503 History Edition


    DevBlog Anno 1503 History Edition

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    One tourist visiting my capital took a keen interest in a newly-installed pile of crates.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    The Crown Falls palace with a sea view

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    First time Beating Campaign

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Didn't realize I would receive Bright Sands as my own island. Also just completed the expedition for Trelawny. Also about to unlock Engineers.So I'm glad the campaign is over, because now I can focus on other things... But I'm expecting things are about to get even MORE complicated.

    I have 8 islands in the Old World, 6 in the New World. Haven't been able to focus on what exactly they're doing, because I'm been busy with finishing the campaign.

    I can tell the game wants me to develop Bright Sands up as a super city. But now it also wants the same for Trelawny.

    Did I expand way too fast? I've been building trading posts on every island I can so the AI won't take them, and then just building up a mini village of farmers and workers with the goods they need produced locally. Should I stop claiming every island I see? I have plenty of resources to build the trading posts. From what I can tell, they're just set and forget - having a bunch of self sustaining islands isn't really impacting my economy as far as I can tell. Maybe even providing a little extra income if I make some luxury stuff.

    How can I reign things in? Should I stop developing my current main island and switch over to one of these Super Islands? I haven't really had time to build anything on it anyway since moving to the new world and claiming like a dozen more islands.

    How developed should my New World stuff be? Just throw some worker homes around to produce goods to ship back to the main island, or develop them up?

    Also, any tips on creating supply lines would be appreciated. I tried to make a couple of supply lines to distribute mid-tier consumer goods like rum to all of my islands, but maybe that wasn't necessary. The islands aren't using nearly as much as I'm shipping out. I had a ship pick up 50 tons and then drop off ten tons at each island, but it's starting to skip some because they're getting full.

    Kinda just want to start over in Sandbox mode, now that I've knocked out the campaign... But I'm sure I'll be just as overwhelmed when I reach this point again!

    submitted by /u/ChickenDenders
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 - Goods and Materials Costs

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    A while back I made a rundown of the total cost for each production chain in the game, so I thought I'd share it here. The list here is of the per unit cost of each good or material at 100% productivity, including the cost of all raw materials and intermediate products needed. It also specifies the lower per unit cost you get when you supply electricity to the whole chain (for the buildings where it's an option). The cost for steel products was calculated with coal mines so in reality it can be slightly cheaper if you use charcoal kilns.

    I made it mainly to compare with the NPC trade prices for import/export, and it's useful for getting an overview of what product chains are most worth electrifying, and where the cost drivers are in your economy. Of course you have to keep in mind that the different goods are consumed at very different rates.

    This list is up to date as of version 1.8 (build 8.0.936606)

    Materials

    Product Cost Powered Cost
    Timber 5 3,75
    Bricks 25 12,5
    Sails 47,5 28,75
    NW Sails 17,5 -
    Steel Beams 225 112,5
    Weapons 300 150
    Windows 312,5 157,5
    Reinforced Concrete 600 300
    Steam Motors 1925 1637,5
    Advanced Weapons 4355 3297,5

    Goods

    Product Cost Powered Cost
    Fish 20 -
    Schnapps 30 20
    Work Clothes 35 22,5
    Sausages 120 80
    Bread 105 62,5
    Soap 105 72,5
    Beer 325 187,5
    Canned Food 662,5 481,25
    Sewing Machines 327,5 165
    Fur Coats 310 185
    Glasses 2110 1055
    Penny Farthings 400 362,5
    Pocket Watches 2547,5 2111,25
    Light Bulbs 1847,5 923,75
    Champagne 1010 705
    Jewellery 2675 1668,75
    Gramophones 2852,5 2227,5
    Steam Carriages 5852,5 4365
    Fried Plantains 12,5 -
    Rum 30 -
    Ponchos 10 -
    Tortillas 100 -
    Coffee 100 -
    Bowler Hats 42,5 -
    Cigars 277,5 -
    Chocolate 37,5 -
    submitted by /u/trollkorv
    [link] [comments]

    Is season pass 2 worth it?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys, i'm certainly buying the season pass 1 since it's 11.99€ with the sales and the 20% from the units discount, but i can't really decide if it's worth taking the 2nd home(would be 31.98€). Is it a good deal for the content i'm getting?

    Edit: 31.98€ for the season pass 1+2

    submitted by /u/Niko1573
    [link] [comments]

    And from the front

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    How to optimize profit on secondary/tertiary islands

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:40 AM PDT

    Because I play with low income (and I suck probably), I need to expand on some other islands just to put population and have them pay me taxes.

    I don't want to go beyond worker level on these islands. Any good layout or ratio to achieve here? I managed to net a +500 profit from an island of 992 farmers. I was wondering if going 1000/1000 (farmers/workers) would really pay off or would just give mostly the same amount ...

    submitted by /u/PocusFR
    [link] [comments]

    Is automatic trading profit/spending meant to appear in the balance sheet?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    When products are set to automatically sell/buy from Warehouses, Docs etc, is the money in/out meant to appear anywhere? Because I feel it should he viewable to see on income/expenditure but I can't find trading history or anything anywhere

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/gx134
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1404 still looks very good

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Cause of the announced new editions and the fact that the buggy tractor were frustrating me a bit in Anno 1800 I decided to play a game Anno 1404 again. The game still looks really beautiful, I can't believe it's over 10 years old.

    I made a bunch of screenshots https://imgur.com/gallery/p1vs1jw

    I've heard a lot of people complaining about memory issues with Anno 1404, at what point does that occur? I just built my 3rd Cathedral and got like 30k inhabitants.

    submitted by /u/Wardinary
    [link] [comments]

    (mod issue)Socket count limit cannot mod more than 4?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    After searching many post about socket count limit mod used in trade union, town hall...etc, it looks like socket count cannot be modified more than 4. I tried mod template.xml, it always change back to 3 if I mod it more than 4. Any idea about increasing the socket count?

    submitted by /u/skywillnosky
    [link] [comments]

    How to make cities look pretty?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I'm very new to Anno, I just picked up 1800 last night and it's my first one of the series, but I have lots of hours in other city builders. I'm just wondering what strategies people use to make more natural looking cities? I'm very used to CS where you can curve roads, and make more natural layouts, so the grid of Anno is offputting to me. Any tips? Thanks

    submitted by /u/TrungusMcTungus
    [link] [comments]

    Does destroying a computer AI completey remove them from the game?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    I've got issues with George Smith in my sandbox. He doesnt like when I use propoganda, he doesnt like when I build mines, and he doesnt like if I increase my work hours. Pretty much anything I want to do he doesnt like, and ends up going to war with me.

    This is a problem because his islands are right in my charter path. So If I was to completly go to war with him, and destroy him, which would probably take everything I've got at this point - Would he be removed from the game? I've read that maybe they come back when they are destroyed, they dont realy ever go away.

    Anyway this guy is a such a pain and its annoying. Any help please!?

    submitted by /u/chudthirtyseven
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800 MP coop - Any way to communicate visually with teammates?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    I'm playing with some friends, and we have voice chat working, but it's still difficult when we say e.g. "Build some houses over by those bushes... No the other ones.. No north of the road".

    Is there any way to indicate visually to teammates? like sharing a cursor or flagging stuff? I tried searching, but the search terms like "anno 1800 teammates point" are so vague, and I can't think of anything more specific to search for.

    Edit: Disregard - I found it immediately after posting. There's a "Position marker" on the lower-right of the map. Or Alt-left-click. Thanks anyway! Leaving this here in case it helps someone else.

    submitted by /u/aphaelion
    [link] [comments]

    So are the silos for barns actually nuclear missile silos?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Or is there some other reason they keep blowing up and taking half of the island with them? It's a little ridiculous how often they blow up and how far-reaching the damage can be.

    submitted by /u/InsertANameHeree
    [link] [comments]

    Anna Union, Engineer of Extravagant Steamers

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    I've got 5600 attractiveness and a 67% chance of visitors with hundreds of gameplay hours yet I still can't get Anna Union, Engineer of Extravagant Steamers?

    Anyone else having the same issue?

    submitted by /u/MrJay6126
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1800: Positive total island balance but losing money?

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I'm playing a sandbox game in Anno 1800. No hostiles except the pirates (and we're friends now).

    I'm just trying to build some cities and make sure everybody is happy. Which is going fine. All tiers have all their needs fullfilled (+luxury) and my total island balance is pretty stable just under 100k.

    However, I seems like I'm still losing money. I'm pretty sure I've had >30M a while ago. But now it's dropped to 20M.
    Is this because of those Royal Taxes? But shouldn't it show up in my total Island Balance then?

    submitted by /u/_harro_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment