• Breaking News

    Friday, June 12, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – June 12, 2020

    Anno /r/anno Questions Thread – June 12, 2020


    /r/anno Questions Thread – June 12, 2020

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Hi /r/anno, welcome to our Weekly Questions thread!

    This is a place for you to ask questions and seek advice from other players. Additionally, if you'd like to share your knowledge and give tips to your fellow players, go ahead!

    Finally, have a look at the Community Resource Megathread!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I found the original newspaper that shows the tractor ad in Anno 1800! They even swapped some of the minor headlines because the "Ships" headline is very fitting!

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Added football and rugby stadiums to Crown Falls, as well as some tennis and badminton courts, might try building a golf course or cricket pitch next! Inspired by u/GreenManCH's Football Field!

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    Building or palast policy for replanting trees

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    I really love my city to be more natural and because of that I often use trees and forests in my cities. But one the major problems I have, is that the ornament trees have a darker ground than the normal trees, that grow out of the ground.
    I hoped that with the botanical garden we would get the ability to let trees and bushes grow back on the island, but sadly we didnt get it. At the moment I am using multiple treeplanters all over the island, but that only plants in a small radius and sadly it plants them everywhere in the radius.

    Thats why I think either a treeschool or a palast policy could help with that. A treeschool could have a really huge radius and would plant 70-80% of that. or a palast policy could do that on the entire island. I know the team is busy with the next update and DLC, but I hope this could be added further down the line.

    submitted by /u/ValusYeet
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1701 History Edition DevBlog

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    Anno 1602: Continuous Play Speedrun in 13s

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Ship not firing when in range

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    Why my ships don't fire when in range of an enemy? I thought at first that they need to stand still (which would not make sense) but I saw one of my convoy retaliate in passing against a pirate ... And yet, often I'm in range (that's the wider circle right, not the tiny inner one ) and the enemy send 3 volleys while my ships are still idle. Even after clicking repeatedly on a target (which is probably not needed because I saw previously they could fire on their own).

    That's all very strange ... They just don't fire as I expect, they have constant delay before doing so ... I have another situation where a frigate was fleeing and instead of having my ship fire from afar, I outrun the enemy ship to position myself on its course. And during all this time, my ship did not fire! Only after some seconds of doing nothing did it deigned fire ... very strange, almost buggy.

    ps: my ship posture is not the most passive one, it is the default shield one or the aggressive one.

    submitted by /u/PocusFR
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't played for some time due to lack of time (stopped after The Passage), so bear with me, but has been the trade routes screen improved lately? Like filters, warnings of destroyed ships on a route etc.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Is there any way to find a decent seed for Campaign?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Most/all of the lists are outdated. And I'm not even sure how seeding works. Seems seeds aren't actually seeds, and it depends on what settings you have. Also I'm not sure how sandbox vs campaign affects seeds.

    So, does anyone have a decent campaign seed I can use? Would it still even be the same seed unless we have identical settings?

    Right now I've just been going through, making a custom campaign, putting "map already revealed" on, beating the opening scene, then looking at the map to see if it's viable. All in all it takes like 10 minutes to check if a single seed is viable. Then when it's not viable I have to repeat the whole process over again.

    Is there a better way to find a decent campaign seed?

    EDIT: Also, in the beginning of the campaign you don't even have a world map, so all you can do is manually scroll around to try to get an idea of the seed, but it's hard to actually keep track of where everything is without a map.

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    Seed 16 still the top dog?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I was thinking about starting over again and trying some of the bright harvest stuff as I played. I always used seed 16 on easy with 3 other npcs and all the pirates because it gave a great starting island on the top with a huge amount of space, 7 oil fields, and good fertility. I started a new game on a whim just to check and all the islands appeared to be exactly the same as the previous map that I used seed 16 to start. Could this be gold? I was really hesitant to restart because my ocd only lets me play on a huge island. Anyone else finding seed 16 to be pretty much the same or is it just me?

    I tried another new game with 16 and it is the same again... looks like we might be in business.

    submitted by /u/Cymrik_
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to Feras??

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    So i love the item Feras Alsarami, the Persuader. I have 11 of them sprinkled all over my empire. Well i finally unlocked the Arctic, and he's nowhere to be found! i've spent millions rerolling and he won't show up! does he get deactivated when the Arctic gets unlocked? Am i super unlucky after being super lucky? is there a cap on how many you can have?

    submitted by /u/tomkc518
    [link] [comments]

    I'm 1500 hours deep and only just discovered that you can take over an island after buying all the shares.....

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Soe questions about mods (anno 1800)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    This is my first time modding this game so i had some questions

    1-where do i get mods?

    2-can i load mods in an existing save where previously it was vanila

    3-what are some essential mods?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/DragonFyre2k15
    [link] [comments]

    How do map seeds in campaign work?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:00 PM PDT

    I played the default campaign on hardest difficulty a few times. Eventually I realized you can edit the settings and still have it on hard so I made a few changes like being able to move buildings.

    But, in my new game, the map seed I got was HORRIBLE compared to the default "hardest difficulty" map seed.

    So, I'm wondering, is there any way I can play with my new settings with another seed? Are seeds in campaign hard-linked to the settings... only one seed per set of settings?

    I just want to play with hard settings with the ability to move buildings, on a decent seed.

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    Anno 1404 Copy savegame to gold edition?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I've been looking over the internet for an answer, and so far I've found some stuff about savegame copying for Anno 1404. However, the question I have, was still unanswered. Allow me to introduce my situation:
    I once bought Anno 1404 and Anno 1404: Venice on a steam sale. I rarely play it actually, but my wife is currently enjoying it a ton. We use Steam family share (or whatever it's called) so she can access my library. As of late though, we've been wanting to play games on Steam at the same time a lot more than before, which is not possible as no two accounts can access the same library at the same time.

    I'm considering just spending the €14.99 to buy my wife the Gold Edition of Anno 1404 on Steam. I have no clue how far she has progressed at all (although I don't recognize anything from the Anno 1404 Venice screenshots on Steam) but what I want to know if it would be possible to copy her savegames from the Anno 1404 game she plays through the family share to the Anno 1404 Gold edition I plan to buy for her. And if so, is there anything in particular I need to take into account?

    submitted by /u/Paedar
    [link] [comments]

    Trade routes undoable on only 1 island, I found out on my "coffee island" in new world, no ship is able to pick up goodies, they just stand there. without picking up anything, then they just return back with empty cargo.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    [Anno 1800] What do I do with "anne's grammaphone"?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    I just did a quest and I was given "anne's grammaphone" into my inventory. It only sells for like 25 coins, and is a "charachter item". The quest is done, and there's nowhere to hand it in. Do I keep it? Do I sell it just to get rid of it? Is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    2 Campaign Questions

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    1.) Is there any way to make sure you get a DECENT campaign seed? I just changed my settings a bit(added ability to move buildings, etc), and the seed I got is GARBAGE! I don't know what to do to make sure I get a decent seed. My current game I have played for a few hours and I am just realizing that the seed is horrible. Are seeds hard-linked to the settings you put into the campaign? Or if I restart the campaign with the same settigns will I get a new seed?

    2.) Is there any way to tell whether a house/hut/etc is in range of a building? For instance when I build my farmer's buildings, some are fully in range of marketplace, some are not. Is there any kind of mechanism in the game that will tell me BEFORE I place the farmer's hut, whether it's in FULL range of the marketplace?

    2a.) Is it essential that all of your farmers are in full range of the market place? Aka, should you only build them if they're in full range? Or is a farmer's hut with 8 or 9 farmers out of 10 due to limited marketplace points be worth it still?

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1800] A Few General Strategy Questions about the Campaign on Hardest Difficulty

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    1.) Should you build 1 or 2 marketplaces on your initial island. I normally build 2 because I'm used to anno 1404, but it seems in this game they extend further. Should I only build 1?

    2.) Is it advisable to make your initial island the "industrial center", the secondard island near you the "farming center", and making the new world queen's colony your "population center"? I always made my homeworld the population center, but I'm wondering if I should just make the newworld place the population center, and keep all my industry on my home world. Is there any drawbacks to that plan?

    3.) Is there any special way to get "plantain" fertility? Do you have to buy it? I searched 1/2 the map of the new world and didn't see any plantain fertility.

    4.) How often should I use trade unions? I normally just build 1 for the quest, and fill it with items then forget it. How often, and on what, and in what situations should I be using them

    5.) Should I build silos on EVERY animal farm? Or is it something only to be done in particular circumstances?

    6.) I normally increase my iron production of the initial 2 iron mines at the expense of happiness. Is this a good idea? Should I do this with anything else?

    7.) Should I ONLY build the longer range cannons for defense? It seems people say to build them, and never talk about the shorter range guns. What would a good idea be? 2 cannons at every trading post?

    8.) Any other hints/tips/advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/getaroundbans4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment