• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 17, 2021

    Anno First look at the Skyline Tower

    Anno First look at the Skyline Tower


    First look at the Skyline Tower

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Even more screenshots of my Crown Falls (added train stations and a max security prison)

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Crown Falls fishing village

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 07:13 PM PDT

    So how many unique islands are there in Anno 1800? I'm seeing so many of the same islands I've played already.

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    I would pay for a DLC to get maybe 20 more new islands. It's so weird when it's the same island and you already know where stuff are supposed to go so that they fit. It's like rehashing the same game over and over.

    submitted by /u/Fit-Arugula-1592
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to extract a 3D model from the game?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    I would like to try making a 3D print of the flagship from Anno 1800. Does anyone know if it's possible to extract its model from the game?

    submitted by /u/M3TALL1K
    [link] [comments]

    Has Anno ever made you try out something in Real Life?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Ok, this is a weird one, but I hope weird questions are tolerated in here. Has Anno ever made you try out stuff in real life?

    For example, Anno 1404 made me try out Apple Cider. I didnt even know the difference before apple juice and cider before the game. Anno 1800 made me try out fried plantains, again something I never heard of before. I also tried out the Black Muscovy and Enbesa Sunrise in real life, so yeah I was wondering if anyone else did that.

    submitted by /u/DarkCrusader45
    [link] [comments]

    Why do we love Anno, while most dislike it?

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Anno 1800 is my favorite game and I keep coming back to it again and again. But I couldn't get any of my friends excited about it. It doesn't feature on most "top games" lists.

    "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" (which BTW are my next favorite games) are incredibly popular and feature everywhere.

    I am genuinely curious why we love this game while others dislike it.

    submitted by /u/chukanutdrive
    [link] [comments]

    [Anno 1800] Blurry textures since hitting Engineers

    Posted: 17 Aug 2021 12:26 AM PDT

    [Anno 1800] Blurry textures since hitting Engineers

    Dear Anno-community,
    I seek your help and knowledge once more. During my recent play of Anno 1800, I just hit Engineers. With the first upgrade von an Artisan house so Engineers the grass textures turned blurry. I have restarted the game. After the restart the textures looked fine and everything was ok. After some time playing, I notices the blurry textures were back. After some experimenting, I figured out this can be provoked by change from the Old World to the New World or vice versa (during my current run, I have no other worlds available). After switch the worlds once, it looks like this:

    Blurry Textures Example Screenshot (small strip looks OK)

    In the new World it is the same. Grass textures are blurry. So far I could not identify any other textures which are blurry as well. The game is fully functional, the sound work without any issues and the frame rate does not drop (I use VSync and have constant 60 FPS).

    So far, I did not play with the graphic settings, because everything worked fine (including switching between the worlds) until hitting Engineers.

    I use some mods:

    List of used Mods

    I have used more mods, but already removed some - no change so far. Next steps for me would be to remove the Fire_Station_MU and Hospital_MU. It is more a desperate tryout, due to I am running out of ideas. Reinstalling the game fully (on an SSD) did not help.

    I have the UPlay version and the game, graphics driver and so on are up-to-date.

    Does anyone have an idea, what might be causing the blurry textures?
    Is there anything I can do so solve the issue or investigate further?

    Let me thank you all in advance and I hope you are having as much fun as me playing this game. :)

    Best,

    MrChros

    submitted by /u/ProfessionalAd8190
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie Question City islands

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 11:59 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I am new to Anno and since I now play a few days I came over here and started seeing all those islands with only high upgraded villages (no industry and such). It looks amazing, but how can you upgrade your villages without having all those ressource buildings on the island?

    Are you shipping all goods to the village island? Currently I have to manually do that and I hope there will be some kind of automatism later on.

    Thanks a lot for your kind help!

    Best regards

    Tim

    submitted by /u/YKMNTV
    [link] [comments]

    Small World, Large Islands?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    Noob here, mostly play for fun and try to beauty build (no enemy AI, no Pirates). I read somewhere that a small world have less water to traverse and thus, makes trade routes quicker.

    Is this true?

    Does this work for out-of-session too? The time a ship takes to move between sessions?

    Assuming everything on the max, fertility, deposits, island size, and only the world set to small, would it be viable?

    submitted by /u/PineTowers
    [link] [comments]

    How is this even possible?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2021 01:30 PM PDT

    How is this even possible?

    Hi. You can see here that the game says that my military stronger is than the pirates.

    I have 4 clippers, 1 flagship and 1 gun boat.

    The pirates have about 7 gun boats and 2 frigates, plus some trade boats.

    How does the game even decide that my military is stronger than the pirates?

    https://preview.redd.it/fb6knqle3sh71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=dce80b18a7d0896aa33877137058356f4837381b

    submitted by /u/max-power14
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment